Aeronaut - an Aircraft Designer for CS

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Aeronaut - an Aircraft Designer for CS

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Well the solution there should be simple, draw your own images!
They would not have to be accurate just take the image into illustrator or a cad program, trace over them using a pen/line tool and voila, all the images are the same.

Granted it would take time but it would not be difficult; if you did the boxsets planes in the first release then you could put out an update or addon as time goes by this way it would not be such a burden.

I know, I know, everybody just wants to get the program out there so maybe this can be a future addition . . .
:ugeek:

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:50 am

Wow... you start a new job, move all your worldly goods to a new place, have a small fight with your boss, start another job...
and when you get back, something like this happens!

An awesome looking creation, gentlemen. FF5 tops itself yet again!
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Kaffis
PostsCOLON 83
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Kaffis » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Just as a small feature request -- The ability to export/import squadron rosters, including their preferred planes (with modifications/upgrades?) and the pilots themselves would be very neat, and could spur some easily shared player created content on sites like this.

FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Its done the first open beta is avialable now!
http://www.foxforcefive.de/cs/
Have fun!

But please don't be angry if i don't respond to your mails or posts here so soon.
Cause i am on holiday until Januar 7th.

see you next year,
Merry X-mas and a happy new year!

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:39 am

Very cool! Having a lot of fun with it so far!

Some quick questions though.
    * Is there anyway to add other or new manufacturers, squadrons or nations?
    * Is there a way to display nose art on the sheet for named planes of specific pilots?

I am very pleased with what I am seeing so far, Great job! ! !
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:29 am

I got one comment:

What size of screen was it designed for?

I had to set screen resolution up to 1024X768 and even then not everything showed up on-screen :?

The Left-hand menu doesn't show up, and I can JUS' barely see the top of the lower book :?:

Other than that, I put upa couple aircraft and it was great!!

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 am

I'm unable to get the program to open.
Is there some secret that I don't know about? I mean, it's showing up in my task manager, it's just not actually activating.

EDIT:
It will OPEN on my laptop, but it appears in an awkward position on the screen and I am unable to access any of the functions because of it! ARGGG!

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:56 am

Carthaginian: Have extracted it? Probably a silly question, forgive me if that is so, but it is not in a real common compression format.

Grant: It looks great on my screen but I am running Full HD, 1920 x 1080.
Flying the Crimson Skies

FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Grant wroteColonWhat size of screen was it designed for?

1280x800 pixel I thought this is a common laptop resolution. I haven't known that someone is still working below this setting.
But i can enable the Flash Scale Function and then it should scale down on your screen. The only problem is
that most of the elements I used are bitmaps and they look a little bit broken when Flash resizes them.
I myself use a 1680x1050 resultion.

Thom wroteColonIs there anyway to add other or new manufacturers, squadrons or nations?
Is there a way to display nose art on the sheet for named planes of specific pilots?

Squadrons can be added with Squadrons in the main menu.
Manufactures and Nations are added in the "baseData.ae" I wrote something about that in the Help (see under XML Editing)
The nose art option is quite a good idea but the Aircraft sheet is almost full. Maybe if I can free some space on the sheet, but I will write it to my Idea's list.

Carthaginian wroteColonI'm unable to get the program to open.
Is there some secret that I don't know about? I mean, it's showing up in my task manager, it's just not actually activating.
EDIT:
It will OPEN on my laptop, but it appears in an awkward position on the screen and I am unable to access any of the functions because of it! ARGGG!

I programmed it that it shows up in the center of your first monitor, maybe something wen't wrong here.
which resolutions are you using? Have you ever activated a second monitor (sometimes this makes problems)?
Or is your virtual desktop size bigger than your monitor display size?

So now I am off now, I have to pack my PC for our 5 Days X-Mas-LAN-Party.
This means if someone there lends me an UMTS Stick I can visit this forum here, if not, I am offline for awhile.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:11 pm

MadMax,
WOW, that's a mighty big monitor you got there! Personally, I stick to an almost archaic 1024x768, though this program has encouraged me to change that. I can get everything to show up perfectly at 1152x864, so that is where things will stay for the time being... and by that, I mean till I build a new computer. On my laptop (EeePC 1000) the program opens with the entire window offset to the left with about about 1/3 off the screen to the left. The book on the lower part of the screen is not visible at all, even though the bottom of the window is. :?: Even if the images look a bit broken, a scaling option would be much appreciated if the program retains its functionality.

Also, how exactly would I get the program to print to .pdf files. I have PDFCreator and Ghostscript installed.

On a side note: Norton labels the program as 'suspicious' and doesn't like to allow it for some reason. Perhaps something to work on in the 1.0 version.

Return to