Dixie vs. Navajo Nation

Got a story? Tell it here (Lies accepted).
Michi
PostsCOLON 24
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
CONTACTCOLON

Dixie vs. Navajo Nation

Postby Michi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Michi wroteColonLast night´s game was the first time we made it through all 24 turns until fuel ran low and we had to quit the fight.
Doc wanted to pilot a Brigand (the plane in the foreground, the other is a Coyote), thus I lent two planes to him. This is his "White Feather" flight from Navajo Nation:

Their opponents were my proud southerners from "Dixie Blue" flight, leader Jason Hambone and his wingman Fred "showstarter" Crawford had both been gathering experience in previous dogfights. I had a Brigand too and a Fury which proved to be very useful by Walter and Doc in previous games.

We started on opposing table ends. Scycrapers made obstacles all around and we got into a wild manoeuvring around the aerodrome in the centre.

Though we finally got into firing positions and gave lead to each other. Brigand pilot Evander Doughnut and Fury pilot Fred Crawford were equally quick on the trigger. We had to roll it out and Doc beat my 9 with an unbelievable 10... :banghead:

Even worse: Doc´s Coyoty could fire at my Brigand while I faced the wrong direction to fight back... :rant:

My poor Jason Hambone swallowed lead by pounds...

...and the brave Brigand´s wingspars got surgically severed. The pilot didn´t manage to bail out and I lost another valuable veteran.

Meanwhile the Fury and the Brigand exchanged lead as well. I even sunk two drill rockets into Doc´s Brigand´s wings each.

We curved around for a while with me permanently tailing the crippled Brigand, but Doc couldn´t get his Coyote in a firing position. Regretfully I had lost three guns, all rockets and the remaining two guns got jammed. I could have fired at the Brigand each turn if not for those damned guns! :banghead:

Turn 24 saw me pumping some more lead into the Brigand´s tail again, wiping out the gun turret, but the game was over.

I had to fly home according to the rules and had to consider myself the looser as I had lost a plane and a pilot... :bye:
Though fighting through 24 turns within three hours was a record for us!

The Leviathan
PostsCOLON 45
JoinedCOLON Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am
LocationCOLON Outer Banks Protectorate

Re: Dixie vs. Navajo Nation

Postby The Leviathan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:45 am

This is the greatest account of a table-top Crimson Skies battle I have ever seen! The Navajo Nation and Dixie paint schemes are awesome, and i love Coyote and Valiant as departures from the standards planes we see so often. This totally gets me hankerin' to take to the skies. Thanks for posting!

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:47 am

Wonderful! Don't hesitate to keep them coming!
Flying the Crimson Skies

UnluckyNumber
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am
LocationCOLON Mormon militia pilot trapped in Illinois.

Postby UnluckyNumber » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 pm

AWESOME paintjobs. Did you actually paint on the little details like the feathers or numbers or Dixie insignia, or did you use decals?
"My footsteps have often been marked with blood." Daniel Boone, 1734-1820.

Michi
PostsCOLON 24
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Michi » Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm

UnluckyNumber wroteColonAWESOME paintjobs. Did you actually paint on the little details like the feathers or numbers or Dixie insignia, or did you use decals?

Thanks, yes those were painted free hand.

UnluckyNumber
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am
LocationCOLON Mormon militia pilot trapped in Illinois.

Postby UnluckyNumber » Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Wow. Very, very nice. I wish I could manage that level of detail on my own minis, but my hand is just not steady enough.

Very cool.
"My footsteps have often been marked with blood." Daniel Boone, 1734-1820.

doc shirmon
PostsCOLON 31
JoinedCOLON Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Postby doc shirmon » Tue May 17, 2011 7:47 pm

yeah,

its amazing, love your paint job.
i'm going to try a copy of your cockpit style the next time i paint.
it looks awesome.
and, i always like to see the planes on the plan,
i want to fly immedietly then.

stay rude
doc shirmon
who's flying this thing?

Return to