The Adventures of the 19xx (A CS lookalike!)

Got a story? Tell it here (Lies accepted).
Igor
PostsCOLON 127
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am
LocationCOLON Ensconced in my mountain fastness
CONTACTCOLON

The Adventures of the 19xx (A CS lookalike!)

Postby Igor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Just dropping by to point out something I just found that you guys would probably appreciate, a dieselpunk web comic created by Paul Roman Martinez...
...not long after the end of the Great War, those who were capable of hearing it, received a revelation… another Great War was coming. This coming war would push the limits of technology, split the atom to create the power of a small star, and bring together forces more evil than the world has ever known. That this war would happen was man’s fatal destiny, but the outcome of the war and the details of it were not as clear. A weak League of Nations banded together to form a group. A group capable of doing what those countries could not. A group of adventurers, explorers, and scientists from every allied country to search the globe and fight a battle far from the public eye. This group is The 19XX, all the public has been told is that they are fighting for all of the good in humanity to survive the nineteen hundreds and beyond.

Just to wet your whistle for it, this is how they get about...

I'd love to see a Crimson Skies comic or graphic novel done in the same fashion! Gotta run!

Igor

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: The Adventures of the 19xx (A CS lookalike!)

Postby Thom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 am

There was a Crimson Skies comic book. To the best of my knowledge only the initial preview was published. The planned four issue mini series never happened that I am aware of.

Flying the Crimson Skies

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 am

Found the site that Igor mentioned >>The19xx.Com<< that link opens the most current page, you will have to select book one to start at the beginning.
Flying the Crimson Skies

Igor
PostsCOLON 127
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Igor » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:18 am

Yes, they're on book three now. I notice you can buy them as hardcopies as well. An enterprising writer / artist duo could clean up with the CS IP

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 am

Very nice! I'll have to look into this stuff.....now if I only had artist skills to make a comic. lol.

Igor
PostsCOLON 127
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Igor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 am

Came across another CS look-alike, "War of The Worlds: Goliath" which bills itself as a Steampunk based on HG Wells classic, however it strikes me as more Deiselpunk than anything!

Igor

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby stormwell » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Igor wroteColonCame across another CS look-alike, "War of The Worlds: Goliath" which bills itself as a Steampunk based on HG Wells classic, however it strikes me as more Deiselpunk than anything!

Igor

Looks a bit like an anime.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 am

Yup. . .

Wikipedia wroteColonWar of the Worlds: Goliath is a 2012 Malaysian sci-fi animation film directed by Joe Pearson that was released in November 15, 2012 in Malaysia. The film is voiced by actors Peter Wingfield, Adrian Paul, Tony Eusoff, Elizabeth Gracen, Jim Byrnes, Rob Middleton, Mark Sheppard, Matt Letscher, Adam Baldwin and other voice actors. The film is a loose sequel to H. G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds (1898).

The film was produced by Tripod Group with top animation talent from Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Los Angeles

>>War of the Worlds: Goliath<<
Flying the Crimson Skies

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 am

The story revolves around the "Second Wave" of the Martian attack from the HG Wells novel, War of the Worlds. The bulk of the story takes place on Manhattan Island.

The full BBCode set is not installed or I would be able to embed the video here, follow the links below for the trailers.

War of the Worlds: Goliath

Flying the Crimson Skies

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby stormwell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am

Return to