no one has posted a damn thing on this whole forumsince may!

Welland Ontario, Neutral meeting ground for all pilots. Troublemakers will be shot. (General CS discussion).
graniteoctopus
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:58 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Sydney, Australia

Re: no one has posted a damn thing on this whole forumsince may!

Postby graniteoctopus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 pm

foxmalcolm wroteColon[putting on my best David Attenborough voice]

Must be another case of "spontaneous posting syndrome", apparently whilst in a sleep deprived state, the hapless user peruses text in various online forums.

He then starts to sub-consciously form various comments and or replies. [At this point the user is still in a zombie like state and is only vaguely aware of himself and his environment]

Once the user's sub-conscious mind has finished his response does the user become aware of his actions, it is at this point that the user reads through his entry and using his better judgment decides that "no, there is no need to publish this. I will just close the browser and go to bed!".

Now this is where the true symptoms of the syndrome manifests itself!

Instead of relaying the command to close the browser without publishing the affronted comment, the sub-conscious mind will covertly send the ill-conceived text and then close the browser all in one quick and subtle hand movement with the user himself completely unaware . . . .

i get it, its just not funny.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 pm

oh well each to their own :mrgreen:

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am

Lately my job has been taking me away for most of a week at a time, no internet time for me when I am on the road, I have a laptop and can use free WiFi, but I am usually too tired to bother. . . Already 46 hours into this work week and I still have another 10 hour day to go. . . Looking at 57 hour OT ( = +85 Hour regular time above my regular work) in just three weeks time. Not complaining about the extra pay, but my ass is dragging. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

UnluckyNumber
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am
LocationCOLON Mormon militia pilot trapped in Illinois.

Postby UnluckyNumber » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:35 am

Thom wroteColonStill here, I check here every day for new posts! Just haven't had anything new to offer the group in a while.

Yup, that sort of describes me for the last month as well. Well, that and I haven't had as much luck lately trying to play Crimson Skies. I was so excited thinking I'd built up a small group that would be eager to keep playing, but it hasn't worked out that way. I'm still as hyped as ever about the game, but it's been very hit or miss lately with my group of friends.

The friend who most fell in love with the CS gameplay and background story has an undependable schedule, and we haven't seen him in over a month and a half. The second friend most excited for the game has been a little less enthusiastic for it lately because he's had some very, very, very bad luck in our last few games and has either lost both his rudders early on in the fight for nearly every plane he's been flying or just been outright shot down in the very first salvo of the match. The rest of the group varies, but I'm hoping I can keep them all interested after a little break. :cry: It hasn't helped that none of them can afford their own copy of the game for what it goes for on Ebay and Amazon. I've offered to print out some copies of the rules and base planes for them, but it just doesn't look as nice nor is it as practical to use.

On the positive side, I finally acquired a full, pristine copy of Behind the Crimson Veil, so yay me! I've also been gearing up towards getting back into painting miniatures again, including eventually some of my unpainted CS planes. I keep thinking too that it might help the disheartened friend if I make sure I'm on his side in the next few matches so as to back him up and give his planes a little more cover. I guess I'll see how it goes.
"My footsteps have often been marked with blood." Daniel Boone, 1734-1820.

smoto
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Postby smoto » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

I, without a doubt, think i just might agree with Fox...(after i read thru my Psychobabble Manual AGAIN).

but really, nice site, glad i found it.

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Postby Captain Zee » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Welcome to the site smoto!
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

smoto
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Postby smoto » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:41 pm

thanks Captain Zee.!..
some of our game group has been playing CS in one form or another since it came out. ( off/on). its a great game.!
i'm working on getting our house rules ironed out and get them posted.
shouldn't be hard, we dont play zeps, or ground stuff. kinda CS Light...

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Sorry for the long silence, got a new job and was send to the US for 6 months. Now back home in Germany....
Malphas, over and out

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 99
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Welcome back home in the German Kaiserreich, Kamerad ;)

So, I could see before that this forum is quite international, but just how far is everyone dispersed and where are the biggest concentrations of flyers?

Anyone able to set up some google-maps thingie where all the members can mark their (real-life) home territory?
Many happy landings!

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Postby Captain Zee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

You should be able to see a location written down on the right side of members posts, underneath their avatars/pictures. Mine is down because it proves I'm from a small town too far away for anyone to bother coming out to, let alone, if they find it. Don't expect others to be so willing, people can take advantage of that.
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

Return to