Phoenix Con 15 feat. Crimson Skies

Welland Ontario, Neutral meeting ground for all pilots. Troublemakers will be shot. (General CS discussion).
[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 100
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Re: Phoenix Con 15 feat. Crimson Skies

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Although he landed some solid hits on my Raven and Valiant, I started tailing his Brigand, never letting go. His Avenger being stunted not able to keep up with the tight turns.
Many happy landings!

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 100

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Finally the Brigand was down, with half of its body gone but downed again by a sheared off wing. (The most common cause for kills during the convention).

As we were in the 24th round already, we decided to fly home at this point and fight another day :)
Many happy landings!

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 100

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 pm

The last day was perfect weather for flying, no clouds and a low sun :)

We rolled random planes and my opponent (one of the frequent flyers) got a Fury and a Monitor (Firebrand mini).
That damn turret of his eventually was the bane of my Thunderbird, while my Avenger crippled his rudders, forcing the bigun to flee the battlefield shortly after this scene.
Luckily for me, he had somehow managed to outmaneuver himself early on, leaving the menacing .70 of the Fury on the wrong side of the canyons.
Many happy landings!

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 100

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm

When the Fury finally swooped around the mountains we managed to immediately face each other in the big showdown during sunset.

All in all a very nice convention. The location was perfect for our needs. There were some new recruits and some returning veterans. Hopefully I'll be flying a few times during the next year till Phoenix Con 16 - which will certainly see Crimson Skies being offered once again!
Many happy landings!

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Sweet pics and a fun report, there are some great looking planes too! Thanks so much for posting!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to