Happy New Year!

Welland Ontario, Neutral meeting ground for all pilots. Troublemakers will be shot. (General CS discussion).
Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Happy New Year!

Postby Carthaginian » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:45 am

Looking back on 2013...

Nothing new in sight in the Crimson Skies, but I have discovered Warbirds and am really liking it as an alternative to our favorite air combat game.

I also got a new job in a hospital, getting me out of geriatrics and into the world of 'real nursing.'
This also taught me that I am getting old- my nickname on the floor is 'Grandpa.' * ;)

Bought a new car and realized that I am not as young and hip as I once was...
I happily cruised off the lot in a Hyundai Accent hatchback thinking about how roomy and fuel efficient it was.
The me that used to have pics of Corvettes and Trans Ams on his wall still hasn't forgiven me. :oops:

Have spent a lot of time playing Pathfinder with my brother and his gaming group.
We actually played all the way through Icewind Dale using Pathfinder P&P... it was EPIC.

How has YOUR year gone?
Best wishes to everyone here for a happy and prosperous 2014! :mrgreen:

* "Grandpa" came from a discussion where we were talking about the first video game we played, and I mentioned that mine was not only Pac-Man on the Atari 2600, but that I still had both and they both still worked. One of the youngest nurses (24) looked at me and said "Damn... GRANDPA!!!" and it stuck.
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby Thom » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 am

Happy New Year to you as well Carthaginian!

I went through dozens of 2600s! (They are pretty damn fragile!)

Been playing some Pathfinder myself, though our gaming group is currently beating Munchkin to death and enjoying the hell out of it.

Played Warbirds myself but I suck at it, just can't get the hang of it. Constantly getting knocked out of the sky before I can even find the enemy. :shock:
Flying the Crimson Skies

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:54 am

Our group isn't into Munchkin- though I love it and my wife and I play on occasion.
I also like GMing Gamma World (D&D 4e version) for her solo.

I've cannibalized a few 2600s to keep this one working over the years.
Want it to be working when I decide to have kids so they can see how far we've come with their own eyes.

And I am talking about the Warbirds P&P game by Outrider Studios... I've never played the online game.

As far as MMOs go, I'm pounding the hell outta World of Tanks ATM- I just unlocked my first Teir 8 track, the US T28 TD.
My first match I lucked out- no artillery- and I just plowed across the field with 8" of armor bouncing everything they threw at me, occasionally firing my 105 when something was stupid enough to sit still in front of me. It was the very definition of a "Honey Badger Don't Care" moment! :mrgreen: We won the match and I got a good laugh outta my slowpoke. I also have the French BDR, Soviet T34-85, Sherman A3E2 Jumbo, and Japanese Chi-Nu that I unlocked this past week- but I have to save the credits to actually buy them now!

If you play WoT, I'm theCarthaginian... look me up.
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby stormwell » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Well I've been in my first job for quite a while for about a month now, tis at a cinema and so thus has been pretty decent.

Been playing the hell out of War Thunder, prefer it over WoT.

Finished an Iron Kingdoms RPG campaign and will be ending a short Rogue Trader one soon, next game is likely to be a Dishonored based campaign but not sure on system yet.

Also got a book of short stories out for my Frozen Skies setting; https://www.rpgnow.com/pub_views_report.php?

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Hey gents,

Thought I'd chime in. I, too, played a non-CS flying game this past year but it is X-Wing. We have been playing it quite a bit in our group and really love it. We have also been playing a lot of Descent 2nd Edition and Dreadball. We haven't done any CS, I just don't think it would fly with my group, too slow and hard to learn.

I hope all is well!

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

Postby stormwell » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:52 pm

stormwell wroteColonAlso got a book of short stories out for my Frozen Skies setting; https://www.rpgnow.com/pub_views_report.php?

Oops, I gave the wrong link. :oops:

Here we go; http://www.rpgnow.com/product/124408/Alyeskan-Tales

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:21 am

That one works!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Happy New year everyone.

Gaming has been pretty slow since I had been super busy professionnaly (visited 3 continents on business trips).

I however managed to make it to the annual Pheonix Con to play CS with Bandit and I managed to introduce the game to someone in Hamburg...so maybe I'll be able to get some more games next year.

I also started Battletech in order to have some more mainstream gaming options.

I got to finish that Quebec Sourcebook.....

and paint more planes.
Malphas, over and out

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 am

Many happy returns for the new year guys!
Unfortunately for me 2013 was a year of little to no CS, too many real life BS hampering my enjoyment of the game.
I am hoping to change that with 2014.
[@ Carthaginian] I remember playing with the Atari when I was a kid, California games and Snoopy and the Red Baron being my favourites.
Not sure if you are aware of it but they did issue a flash back variant of the 2600 a few years ago, might be better to put the original in storage and use the re-issue for general use [save the wear and tear of the original maybe].
But being called "Grandpa", you need a different crowd to run with mate.
Among my fellow local gamers, my partner and I are considered "young pups" cause we were born in '80 whilst they are [on average] less than 10 years older, go figure!
As for Games, whilst as I said I haven't been able to play CS much [mainly because my local group isn't into it], I have been doing online gaming instead, things like robo rally, GTA online and minecraft.
Yeah . . . apparently I get a lot of my CS fix with minecraft.

Kaffis
PostsCOLON 83
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 am

Postby Kaffis » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:05 pm

2013 was a good year for gaming, for me, though, like most of you, it was Crimson Skies-less. (Come on, Jordan, you've got the license.. Kickstart something!)

In any event, my gaming has been filled with D&D and board games. At the beginning of the year, my board gaming group decided to run a D&D campaign, which we got a lot of play out of before taking a short break the past few months. I went to GenCon for the first time last year, and had a blast.

Board gaming-wise, I finally got to break out Space Alert a few times (it's fantastic), and I introduced my group to Eclipse, to mostly positive reactions.

Most of all, though, last year was a year of Android: Netrunner for me. I didn't play as regularly as I'd have liked, but it's been a great ride for a card game.

Finally, to cap the year off, a friend got me to check out Warmachine near the end of the year, which has been a vast improvement over Games Workshop so far. The warjacks even give me a damage grid! It's still not the same, though, Jordan... ;)

Return to