PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Solicitation: Data Entry

Postby foxmalcolm » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:48 am

Good Job Mate!
Nice use of ITC Anna® Std Regular font for the Headings, I look forward to adding it to the other books.
Please let me know what book you will be doing next, now that Easter is over I have some time available to spend typing up a book or two myself.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Very sweet!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 am

Interesting work. And a good job for people.

However I will say, just as a nod to the good people (at least some are good people) who own/dispense CS stuff, that if affordable, one should pick up a "REAL" sourcebook as well ;) Just 'cause they're out of print, I still see them for a decent price, and if it's still available, I'd as soon ensure that a COMPLETE free replacement for them not be made officially from this site ;).

If the stuff will be a complete replacement of official sourcebooks with complete scanned in PDF copies of the books, I'd appreciate it being kept to PM/private emails. If it's material containing no fluff, but strictly for the rules in the books, those are fine.

Sorry, just a slight bit or paranoia with the new emphasis on copyrighting and piracy. ;)

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 99
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 am

You're absolutely right, Grant. Whenever I see a CS book or other supplement for a reasonable price (i.e. less than the 100+ bucks that some supplements are occasionally offered for on amazzon) I am trying to buy it. I think as long as this small die-hard community of fliers keeps the typed-up stuff within our selected circle, we should be fine (at least I hope so).
Many happy landings!

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 am

Bear in mind the whole point of this endeavor is to have a scanable pdf with which to carryout text searches, it is not meant as an excuse to avoid buying the books [even though no royalties are being exchanged for purchasing the books cause by this time there are no "brand new" supplements currently available and all books are being bought through secondhand merchants].
Also this project will be made available as a request only service, or maybe we can set up a members only download section.

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 pm

As the lawyer: Amen Fox...
Malphas, over and out

gomant
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 am

Postby gomant » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 am

Um... Hi! I don't know if I should be in this thread at all (it kind of seems to be over my head) but I've been watching this forum for a long time and finally got the courage to join up.

I don't know if you need it at all, but I have pdfs of almost every sourcebook/rulebook (except Airman's Gazetteer and Pride of the Republic, both of which I would /kill/ to get). I suck at computers and stuff, but if you guys need any of those pdf files, I'd be more than happy to send them to you if it would help with this project.

Thanks for providing some inspiration to me and my gaming group!

-gomant

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks for the offer Gomant [I have sent you a PM], and that's a real shame that you had to work up the courage to sign up to us.
We are always eager and welcoming of new members to the forum after all nothing says happy pilot more than a target rich environment!
:mrgreen:

MrAnderson
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Postby MrAnderson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:08 am

I could be talked into typing up 10-20 pages pretty easily. Maybe more.

What would be most helpful?

-MrAnderson

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:42 am

Hey anything you want to do just post a response here so that we don't double up.

Return to