Campaign mods for the PC game.

For CS Mods, programing, or to show off your extensively customized CS site.
Igor
PostsCOLON 127
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am
LocationCOLON Ensconced in my mountain fastness
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Campaign mods for the PC game.

Postby Igor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 am

Densoman2 wroteColonThe Civ 4 designer put out a working version.
I just don't remember the website as I don't have Civ 4.
When I find it again I'll post it.

I just wish this game had been modable like some of the other games
out there. There is no telling what all you guys could have done.

Thanks for checking.

Tony
This is the link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181186

Igor

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Postby Captain Zee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:33 pm

What about the engine from Just Cause 2, it had room for large aircraft and every other aspect of the game. But I do see a problem with the flight engine in the game. Zeppelins don't require power to fly, which means if the engines are off (or destroyed), the zeppelin can still stay airborne for some time. The engines are simply required to move the zeppelin. There was a WWI aircraft package that came out for Flight Simulator X that included a WWI era zeppelin, but it used the flight characteristics of a slow flying aircraft. It seemed like it was realistic in motion, but flew like a large aircraft, which isn't very accurate zeppelin-wise. Yet, this is only a suggestion, and after checking your post on the GTA forums and still seeing no response for almost a year, I'm pretty sure you should find a new direction now.
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 am

thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten to check back there . . . there we go left an update, maybe someone will see it this time.
And whilst it may not have active participation yet I still feel it is worth doing especially if a new game comes out 2011/2012 [like we have been led to believe by Mr Weisman], because when that game comes out it will re-spark interest in any and all modifications . . .although personally I am hopeful that the game is modifiable this time.

And with that being said, thats not to say that I am not interested in modding another game, but unless there is serious help in order to do it then I think I will stick with modding GTA for the time being.

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77

Postby Captain Zee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 am

Alright, I understand.

This "Smith & Tinker" group has me on shaky ground. It sounds like they're the old FASA (or Zipper Interactive) group that Microsoft has put up to dump the old Mechwarrior, Crimson Skies, and other Jordan Weisman stuff in order to get it out of their way. The group isn't well funded (as you can tell from their home page) and if anything Weisman's is gonna put all his money into Mechwarrior first. But I don't know, it's maybe the 6 years since CS was mentioned that has me mistrusting. I'll at least hope that they'll find this site and give a read.

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Zee,

Weisman knows all about us! In fact, he did a Q&A with us: http://www.montanaraiders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=395

Check it out.

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77

Postby Captain Zee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Dam, missed out on a great chit-chat with him. Thanks for pointing that out, Jerba.

Coefficientofsnark
PostsCOLON 26
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 am

Postby Coefficientofsnark » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Has anyone even tried cracking open the files to take a look around?

In particular, I remember that the old CS website and the opening movie for the game clearly had models of the PR-1 Defender and some Bell fighter that looked like they were intended for the game. I wonder if those might be floating around in the files somewhere still.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Unfortunately no their not . . . whilst you cannot open the files and look at their contents [for now] you can look at their file directories.
Open the .zbd files using a hex editor and you can see all the file names, the only mention to another plane is in the menu images.
In there is a 2 view pic meant for the plane creator and it shows the top down and front view of an Avenger. . . . let me see if I still have the image . .ah here it is
Now whilst I can't extract any of the models or maps or upload any new content it is easy enough to extract the pictures and audio files from the menu.
Plane textures on the other hand are a lot more difficult . . . they do not seam to have any known file extension so I have yet to be able to read them in full.
the best I have been able to do is open them as .raw images but the best I can get is greyscale images like these

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Here is a little treat for you guys . . . http://www.4shared.com/file/-IyjwUZD/CS_ROF.html]CS ROF.zip
it is a zip file containing all the menu and log book image files

* * NOTE * *
Sorry I can't turn it into a link as part of the link address contains an open bracket "[", just copy the full address and paste it onto the address bar and away you go!
Ignore the half link

Jester
PostsCOLON 57
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am
LocationCOLON Western Australia

Postby Jester » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

foxmalcolm wroteColon Here is a little treat for you guys [...]
it is a zip file containing all the menu and log book image files

Hey nice job, thanks. I was wondering if someone could grab the game's resources, I figured there must be a lot in it.

Are they the maximum resolutions you could get though? Because some of them are pretty small, smaller than I remember them being in game.
4L3C - 4R3E

Return to