A Crimson Skies Map of My Hometown

Title explains it all. Made a photo or video with CS as the main topic?
couchmonkeyhero
PostsCOLON 13
JoinedCOLON Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

A Crimson Skies Map of My Hometown

Postby couchmonkeyhero » Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I used google earth and photoshop to make a map of my city... Its a massive size map 24 inches by 72 inches. In photoshop i peiced together the map. I used a webbased hex grid generator to create a transparent grid for the map. I took the image and spit it through a posterprinter program (PosteRazor) for a multipage pdf. I printed it out on 8.5x11 inch white label paper and mounted it on 2 large sheets of foamcore.

the second part of the of the map didn't turn out exactly as i planned since a page or two went on crooked and is amplified towards the end... but all in all being that i live in a town called Belleville... Most around here refer it as Belle Vegas. I plan on printing out a bunch of pinups and such and put them on the white border around the edge of the map. my quest to get some of the locals to play crimson skies again is underway.. no one has played here for well over a decade. To play above familiar surroundings may just get them in the mood. ;)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: A Crimson Skies Map of My Hometown

Postby Thom » Mon May 20, 2013 3:13 am

That's just sweet!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 am

Dang that looks fun!!!

I should do that....wait...there's only 3 neighbors within 4 miles of us :lol:

nearest town is 15 miles away!!!! the only maps I can print off would be of wheat fields and cows. :mrgreen:

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby stormwell » Sat May 25, 2013 10:36 am

Suppose I have bit of an advantage that I can at least look through Luftwaffe aerial photographs of my hometown, though admittedly it'll have to be the earlier ones.

EDIT: Speak of the devil; http://www.clique.co.uk/coloptics/luftwaffe/NORWICH

Return to