CS Stein

Made a airplane? Zeppelin? Something in between? Here's where to put it. (Meant for any new skins/etc.etc/ and not actual new aircraft stats)
foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

CS Stein

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 am

Hey guys just thought I would share with you a stein I had made over the Australia Day weekend . . .
http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp353/foxmalcolm/Movie/?action=view&current=CS_Stein.mp4
A friend of mine was selling mugs/t-shirts/badges/etc at "Arcanacon" [a games convention] and I brought this image in and asked him to make it . . .
apparently my stein was quite popular and I was asked to bring in more of my images for people to buy.
By the end of the Convention after much badgering, pleading and outright begging I agreed to run an artists stall at the next games convention "Conquest" over the easter long weekend.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: CS Stein

Postby Thom » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 am

Seriously cool!
Flying the Crimson Skies

rayvtirx
PostsCOLON 151
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 pm
LocationCOLON Bristol,England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby rayvtirx » Tue May 24, 2011 6:17 am

is a stein a mug?

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Tue May 24, 2011 6:37 pm

IMHO A stein is better than a mug, a mug is usually what you use for coffee.
The word stein is a shortened version of the German word Steingut [Stoneware], they can hold anything from half a litre to A-Lot-More.
The stein is also well known because back in the 13th century [I think?] German law required that all public places that served drinks had to have lids because of the massive quantity of flies that were plaguing the region.
In modern times this practice has largely been neglected . . . the stein for most intensive purposes has been replaced with the humble glass beer mug [found in most pubs]

Return to