NO PEEKING ! !

Made a airplane? Zeppelin? Something in between? Here's where to put it. (Meant for any new skins/etc.etc/ and not actual new aircraft stats)
Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: NO PEEKING ! !

Postby Thom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am

foxmalcolm wroteColonI must say I am disappointed with the responses to to this point. :cry:
Would have thought you guys wanted it more . . . .There that ought to cover the fact that I forgot to continue this project . . . hang on the mike is still on, Damn it!

Dude you said "No Peeking", we have to take you at your word, you have never failed to produce in the past. We all know that perfection takes time. . . :D
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 am

I'm hoping you'll have one in the Utah paint scheme you came up with too. Can't wait to see it!!

I'm excited you're back behind the flight stick on this one.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 pm

yahzuk wroteColonSo in the meantime I will whet your appetites / mercilessly tease you in the style of Fox Malcolm ( :twisted: :lol: ) with a "peak below the cover".

On that . . . . Sorry but I have been having some computer issues and I have been forced to use my [not so impresive] laptop, so any current projects are offline for the moment.
I recently upgraded to an i5 core CPU and all the trimmings that go with it, little did I know that I can not install xp or win 2000 or win 98 on it.
Apparently the install disks go Blue Screen of Death on me every time.
So I am now [reluctantly] on windows 7, none of my programs work or if they do work they are unstable [ie they crash back to desktop at the drop of a dime] RAAUGH!!! :evil:
I have no choice but to get the latest and newest of everything and in some cases that means relearning evry program from scratch as they have all had some radical re-designs, to the GUI or how fundamental aspects of the program now do things in a different way. <GRRR!>

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Brother I am sorry to hear that, I hope you get back up and running soon though! Good luck!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Igor
PostsCOLON 127
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am
LocationCOLON Ensconced in my mountain fastness
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Igor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:36 am

foxmalcolm wroteColon
yahzuk wroteColonSo in the meantime I will whet your appetites / mercilessly tease you in the style of Fox Malcolm ( :twisted: :lol: ) with a "peak below the cover".

I recently upgraded to an i5 core CPU and all the trimmings that go with it, little did I know that I can not install xp or win 2000 or win 98 on it.
Apparently the install disks go Blue Screen of Death on me every time.
So I am now [reluctantly] on windows 7, none of my programs work or if they do work they are unstable [ie they crash back to desktop at the drop of a dime] RAAUGH!!! :evil:
I have no choice but to get the latest and newest of everything and in some cases that means relearning evry program from scratch as they have all had some radical re-designs, to the GUI or how fundamental aspects of the program now do things in a different way. <GRRR!>
How did you go with this Fox? I am going to upgrade in the near future to do some graphics projects and if Windows 7 needs the latest and greatest I might skip it.

Igor

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am

check the hardware limitations of the new upgrades, before you buy!
I am probably more of an extreme end user and my machine was built for that purpose, it is designed to take advantage of using multiple thread CPU processes.
It is designed for system stability when rendering at high output levels, but it is not a gaming machine , it can play games quite well but it reduces gaming performance due to the multi threading.
The other problem is I went and used a 64 bit OS, now while this is good for the machine using the latest and greatest programs, it sucks if you are still using older programs [it fights you the whole way and constantly crashes].
If you don't want to do a complete overhaul of all your software then I recommend using vista and a 32 bit OS you will avoid all of the heartache.

sorry for the quiet presence I have had online the past few months, I plan to stage a comeback this week

Igor
PostsCOLON 127
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am
LocationCOLON Ensconced in my mountain fastness
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Igor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:55 am

foxmalcolm wroteColoncheck the hardware limitations of the new upgrades, before you buy!
If you don't want to do a complete overhaul of all your software then I recommend using vista and a 32 bit OS you will avoid all of the heartache.

sorry for the quiet presence I have had online the past few months, I plan to stage a comeback this week
Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of assembling a couple of machines, a media centre for the family room to record and integrate TV, music, internet on a WiFi network, a machine for crunching video and audio (probably have Vista on them) and a "legacy" machine that I'll keep XP HE on(this one, probably) and network them via cable (steel frame house so the WiFi has bad coverage).

Sorry if this a bit OT - it'll be good to see you pump out some more of the graphics you were doing last year - outstanding!

Igor

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Woot woot! Fox is staging a comeback. Can't wait to see it! Welcome back friend! :)

Return to