WebSite Fan Kit

You an artist? Show off your noseart or Unit's logo.
foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

WebSite Fan Kit

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:03 am

Hi guys, in getting ready for the 6 Weeks of CS I feel that anybody who has or wants a website to be shown should have all the tools and images at their disposal.
And because I hate to see the same old thing regurgitated over and over again, I have spent the past month or so creating vector replicas of the logos, buttons, slogans, tags, etc from the game media, plus I have thrown in a few ideas of my own.
Now the original images are at such poor resolution and quality that they make for very distorted images when resized so all of these images are redrawn not copied and they will be in the vector format ".svg" or ".eps".
If you use them in a program like photoshop or fireworks make sure you change the size to suit your needs before you embed them/ flatten image or save it in general, because once you do that they will become regular raster images [like jpg & gif] and will no longer resize very well.
This is a small example of what I have done but this is not a vector image so don't bother saving it the final package will be a zip file for you guys to download, I will post that in a week or so when I have finished.
If there are any logos/slogans/etc that anybody wants in particular then please let me know and I will add it to the list.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: WebSite Fan Kit

Postby Grant » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:16 am

Nice fox!!!

Igor
PostsCOLON 127
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am
LocationCOLON Ensconced in my mountain fastness
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Igor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:29 am

foxmalcolm wroteColonHi guys, in getting ready for the 6 Weeks of CS I feel that anybody who has or wants a website to be shown should have all the tools and images at their disposal....
If there are any logos/slogans/etc that anybody wants in particular then please let me know and I will add it to the list.
I've used Vector Magic before to turn raster's into vectors, mostly to sharpen up jpgs of blueprints but what you've done looks much better! I might take you up on that offer for something for Radio Liberty, Fox, I just need to work out a new theme for Silvertongue Productions to suit Crimson Skies.

Cheers

Igor

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:52 am

A lot of programs provide a "trace-like" feature in their software but unless you have got a picture of extreme high contrast it just ends up a confusing mess and ultimately more effort than its worth to fix.
What I do to make these images is I will manually trace each object and assign it a layer, it usually means more effort on my behalf [10 mins per object instead of 1 min using trace] but my images are more precise and less muddled.
The only downside is that what I end up making is not entirely accurate, I tend to use artistic license to reproduce the images because sometimes the resolution can only be clear when the image is small, zoomed in it can be quite indistinct and blurred so I improvise.

Return to