PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Delightful News ! ! !

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat May 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Delightful News ! ! !
My artist table at the Game Convention during Easter, Conquest, was a huge success!
Despite crippling financial obstacles [emergency vet bills for my kitten & emergency dental work for me], I was able to set up a basic stall.
Me, my tablet pc, a viewing monitor and a printer scanner . . . nice [even better considering that the tablet pc only arrived a few days before the con].
Anyway I made $150 during the 4 days of the con and that amount again in post-con commissions, all in all a nice little endeavour.

Anyway, the important thing . . .

I have been sitting on this for the past two weeks since Easter, didn’t want to get peoples hopes up until I had a chance to finalise the details . . . whilst at the con I was fortunate enough to run into a budding program designer who wishes to develop his portfolio of game titles.
What a coincidence I thought, I am also wanting to increase my portfolio of game titles . . . anyway had a chat with him and he is quite keen to give it a go.
On top of that he is also interested in playing the Board games too but could never afford to get any of the rules or minis.
Perfect ! !

So I am probably jumping the gun here [nothing has been finalised yet] but I can’t keep this under my hat any longer . . . Ahehem!!

It is our intention to make a fully interactive, multiplayer computer game of the Crimson Skies Boardgame.
Audience gasps , . . stunned silence followed by earth thumping applause ! ! !]
Ah, thank-you, thank-you . . . too much . . . no really pour it on some more . . . ;-)

Now whilst I would love to overdevelop it and make it fully 3D with animations and all the works, the main goal here is to make a “lite” version first.
Besides looking pretty it will be a basic program that hopefully we will port onto Android by the end.
So we few and pretty with smart phones can CS on our way to work [to those poor miserable wretches with iphones . . . sucks-2-B-you!]
It will be multiplayer with a built-in chat feature, random dice roller, and if I can swing it, plane designer, so you can design the look and feel of your plane minis.
The “lite” version will be low end in its construction so those of you with rather old machines should be able to use it quite comfortably.

Now currently we have no plans to release this publically, once we have a working prototype we will be seeking permission to publish it as a free download with endorsement.
Failing that if we are rejected/denied then maybe it will be available for use by my select friends ;p

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Re: Delightful News ! ! !

Postby Captain Zee » Sat May 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Great News! But may I ask if there will be a computer friendly version (I'm to cheap to buy an iPhone or Android)? Otherwise, the fact that your returning CS back to the game market (via app or any other way) is great news to me.
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat May 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Sorry my mistake, I guess I should emphasis, I am intending to make a PC computer game of the Boardgame [like Monoply PC] that if it works there will be several versions or variations of, including an android app [aka the "lite" version]
I should also point out that any android app would be able to be played on any java computer, so even if all we do is make the lite version you would still be able to play it on a PC

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Postby Captain Zee » Sun May 08, 2011 12:21 am

Great, good luck!
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

The Leviathan
PostsCOLON 45
JoinedCOLON Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am
LocationCOLON Outer Banks Protectorate

Postby The Leviathan » Sun May 08, 2011 2:14 am

Most excellent news. Looking forward to experiencing your creation. I can't wait!

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sun May 08, 2011 2:22 am

I am excited by this!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jester
PostsCOLON 57
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am
LocationCOLON Western Australia

Postby Jester » Sun May 08, 2011 8:35 am

Nice, keep us posted.
4L3C - 4R3E

StorminWolf
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Postby StorminWolf » Sun May 08, 2011 11:55 am

Hmm, wouldn't be my kind of thing, as i don#t like playing Boardgames online or as digital versions, also you should consider the licensing fees ans so on...

well I still give you my best wishes, as if this works it might give the real game a certain push.

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Sun May 08, 2011 3:51 pm

WOW!!!!!

Fox, maybe, if the project go on track, you should use the Blood Bowl play per email program as an example (not the recent PC game, the fan developed tool).

It is simple, lite, got a great anti-cheat system and allows you to play the game per email.

I do not need full 3d, the important thing is to get the mechanic and the rules of the games right, and the opportunity to play per email.

With that I would be a happy camper.

Congratulation on your success at the convention!
Malphas, over and out

maeglynn
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 am
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC Canada

Postby maeglynn » Sun May 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Wow is right, I can't wait to see what you come up with. This will be a great tool also to teach people how to play.

Good luck

Return to