Generally speaking it is quite general.
askeladd
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

New missions made by fans

Postby askeladd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi there,

I just finished "Crimson skies" and I loved so much that game that I was wondering if anyone during the past decade had ever created new missions/campaigns. I looked up on the internet and could'nt find anything, so do you know if some people created something ?

Askeladd

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: New missions made by fans

Postby Thom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 am

No, to the best of my knowledge there was never an editor for the PC game which remains Microsoft propriety software. Any attempts to edit or alter or add content to the video game would probably be illegal.

It was handled very differently than the MechWarrior series of video games which all had legal editors and a system developer kit, and players were actually encouraged to develop new content.
Flying the Crimson Skies

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 am

For all intensive purposes the zbd files are not difficult to break they're just beyond the abilities of a regular modder, what you need is a programmer who feels inclined towards making a conversion package.
[I remember reading a few years ago that one of the developers commented during an interview that he was surprised that no-one had modded the game yet]
To that end we have asked several programmers and even put in a request at the mechwarrior site [who use a version of the zbd file with a different security encoding].
Some people [like myself] who want to mod the game but are lacking in help from the technical department, opted to mod other programs with CS styled or even themed missions.
Currently I am working on my own mod which is thisone.

askeladd
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Postby askeladd » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Well... that's a shame for sure.
Thanks for the intel !

Return to