Generally speaking it is quite general.
BlackJack
PostsCOLON 13
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

GameRanger.Com Server?

Postby BlackJack » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Hey there all,

I just played online at the DBS Lobby and had a great time (even though I had my a$$ handed to me - it has been over a decade after all!) LOL Anyway, the guy I was flying with told me about GameRanger.Com's Server. Has anyone here played there? Is it busier there than DBS Lobby? When I got to DBS today - there was only me and 2 other guys - and one of them had to leave. LOL

Anyway - Hope to fly with some of you guys soon! :mrgreen:

Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Re: GameRanger.Com Server?

Postby Captain Zee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 am

I looked into GameRanger.Com, and the last time I looked at it, there were two other players there, but my game was on an external hard drive, so I couldn't join the game. But GameRanger seems a little greedy, it's one of those "Bronze - Silver - Gold" account type servers, where you can get Bronze for free, with a nametag and ability to play games. Silver costs $9.99(US) per month, and lets you name your account (for some weird reason) and lets you choose a player icon. Gold costs $19.99 per month, and also allows you to have a gamer picture/avatar, and lets you display you favorite game, web page, and personal quotes/notes. It tries to charge you for crap you'll never need, but like others in its world, they get away with it :roll: . I'm waiting for my ext. hard drive to get fixed, but someone else may tell you how well this game works on GameRanger, if I don't beat them to it.
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

BlackJack
PostsCOLON 13
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 am

Re: GameRanger.Com Server?

Postby BlackJack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:59 am

Captain Zee wroteColonI looked into GameRanger.Com, and the last time I looked at it, there were two other players there, but my game was on an external hard drive, so I couldn't join the game. But GameRanger seems a little greedy, it's one of those "Bronze - Silver - Gold" account type servers, where you can get Bronze for free, with a nametag and ability to play games. Silver costs $9.99(US) per month, and lets you name your account (for some weird reason) and lets you choose a player icon. Gold costs $19.99 per month, and also allows you to have a gamer picture/avatar, and lets you display you favorite game, web page, and personal quotes/notes. It tries to charge you for crap you'll never need, but like others in its world, they get away with it :roll: . I'm waiting for my ext. hard drive to get fixed, but someone else may tell you how well this game works on GameRanger, if I don't beat them to it.

I went on GR a couple more times since my last post - and there definitely aren't as many CS players there as DBS Lobby! And I think the prices have changed, cause according to the site... Silver is $19.95/Year and Gold is $39.95/Year. I could understand paying that much for a whole year if I played any of the other games available, but for now I wouldn't be able to justify the cost... especially if you can still play there for FREE! Just without the additional 'add-ons' like 'custom account name', making chat rooms, ladder ratings or adding an avatar. Who needs those to play? LOL

I think I'll just LURK at GR and play more often at DBS Lobby! ;)

Return to