Game profile corruption??

Generally speaking it is quite general.
Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Game profile corruption??

Postby Ferdish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I've made it to the 18th mission (Deciet at Devil's Horn) and couple of weird things are happening during gameplay:

1. Rear cannons on my plane aren't firing on the enemy, as they're not even there. I fly custom Brigand with dual .50s in front and rear and 4 hardpoints.

2. When I crash (or enemy shoot me down) and click "Replay mission" in debriefing screen, the mission starts again, but my plane is totally screwed. It has the Brigand airframe and same painting as my custom Brigand, but armament is completely different: dual .60s and .40s in front, dual unknown caliber in the rear (which works perfect instead of these in 1.) and only 2 hardpoints, which is (exept for rear guns) armament of my another custom plane - Bloodhawk. When I restart mission through the cabin (clicking on New mission), then in flight check I have that Bloodhawk as my pre-set plane.

3. During the gameplay with that weapon-screwed Brigand, my plane is INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! I've found it out when I tried to doublecross the Black Hats and they sent a squadron of 8 Warhawks. They fired on me like hell, but my plane didn't get any damage. Sounds great :) , but it's not normal, is it?

I have no idea what's going on. This never happened before. I' playing on hardest difficulty and I'm quite far in the game, so I wouldn't like to start again :( I skipped previous mission (The Pirate's Duel, that horrible mission with Hoplite :) ), could this be the cause of all these stuff???

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Game profile corruption??

Postby Thom » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 am

I would guess you accidentally keyed one of the God Mod codes. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:38 am

That would be my guess, I have experienced that particular corruption before after using IDAHO and IAMTHEACE cheats. [Hell its always fun to fly in god mode, allows you to explore and torment the the AI planes] :twisted:
Your best bet is to restart [computer] and try again, failing that maybe create a new profile then log back in as your current one and see if that has fixed the problem.
Another thing that could be the cause is that the airframe you have is corrupted, if the above doesn't work, sell that airframe and then recreate it.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 am

Oh, Oh ! ! I just remembered something.
Back in the old mszone days a number of players used to hex edit their planes so they could bypass the airframe restrictions.
For instance you could give your devestator 100000000 points of armour instead of 160, you could also say give your bloodhawk 52 hardpoints to fire rockets from.
These hacks were later abolished with the use of the 1.02 update, you could no longer do that whilst playing in an online game.
But I wonder if that is what has happened here [I am not accusing you of hacking your own plane] maybe a general corruption has caused a similar effect.
And yes I have experienced that before too [just with innocent legal play I swear!], the result was that I was indestructible [from collisions and my own rockets ]and I found myself flying inside the mountains and under the terrain, I had to get other players to take me out just so I could respawn and finish the game.

Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Postby Ferdish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks for the answers. First I would like to say that I have never cheated or hex edited my planes in this game. I know that no one of you accuse me of cheating, just for case :) . I admit that I have skipped that Hoplite mission, but that is the only simplification I used. Nevertheless, I will try advices from foxmalcolm.

2foxmalcolm: You were immunized against collisions? Lucky you. I am not :D

UPDATE: So I've tried all advices you gave me, but it's still f*cked up. Damn the hell, looks like I have to delete my profile :evil: :cry:

Return to