Problems with HUD and graphic

Generally speaking it is quite general.
Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Problems with HUD and graphic

Postby Ferdish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm

I have a problem - the HUD clock (gyro-horizon, height meter, speedometer etc.) doesn't appear in the game. I play the game with software render mode, and I have only text block with basic informations about my plane (speed, guns/rockets ammo, height...), written with blue font. When I switch to 3D acceleration mode, the HUD appears, but the game is unplayable because of broken graphics. The game doesn't crash or freezes, only that HUD pisses me off. I have an older NB Asus F3E series, OS WinXP SP3 and Intel GMA graphic card. I've istalled patch 1.02, but problem still remains. Is there a way to fix it? Or is there another way to get the HUD in software render mode? Pls help.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Problems with HUD and graphic

Postby Thom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:01 pm

The best method I can think of is to free up as much RAM as possible. Download a good memory manager to maximize RAM available for the game to run on. When I was running my older PCs I used >>FreeRAM Pro<< for exactly that reason and it worked great! The program is a freeware download from CNET which is a safe source.

Note* Many people have reported that FreeRAM does not work well with Firefox, I used it with Chrome without any problems at all.
Flying the Crimson Skies

Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7

Postby Ferdish » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 am

I've tried it, but it doesn't work :( . At least I know that RAM is ok :)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 am

Good luck then!
Flying the Crimson Skies

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am

Try this software rendering mode fix, if you find that you still do not have the HUD then just jump into the cockpit view [I know, know not the same as a HUD but better than nothing]

Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7

Postby Ferdish » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm

This mode fixes resolution and color scale, but not my HUD problem. It's not bad, but I prefer using this to fix problems with resolution.
I wonder why that HUD isn't available in SW render mode? That game loses charm without it. Well, it works when played in cockpit view, but I don't like it, especially when performing stunts.

Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7

Postby Ferdish » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Sorry for writing this post here, but I didn't want to start new topic.

Graphic problems again, but different now. Whole screen is flickering, with white stripes rolling over, not only during the missions, but in main menu, briefing and flight check, too. Looks quite a stroboscope :) . It has started when I was shot down during the mission and debriefing screen appeared. Tried to restart the game and PC, but it didn't help. Reinstall?

EDIT: Problem solved :) .

Return to