Generally speaking it is quite general.
Jester
PostsCOLON 57
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Western Australia

Re: Let's Play Crimson Skies

Postby Jester » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 am

foxmalcolm wroteColonYou're not missing much . . . he just acts like it was no big deal and gives you the cash with a handwritten message scrawled across the surface . . . took me many go's before I was able to complete it.

If memory serves, you can get a magazine article about the chase for the scrapbook as well (complete with pic of a woman being caught in a gust of wind as Cabbie passes, also used for the install screen) though I'm not sure exactly what triggers that to unlock. You might have to follow him perfectly, or maybe it's bugged and I only saw it using the reveal all cheat or something.

My main problem with that mission is the length, as you don't have any backup there is no margin for error and you have start the mission over if you make a single mistake.
4L3C - 4R3E

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:40 am

hmmm I thought you got it no matter what you did cause I always seam to have it . . . or maybe there is more than one , like the trophies during the big race.
They change depending on what place you get.

Jester
PostsCOLON 57

Postby Jester » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 am

I could be wrong.
4L3C - 4R3E

Sir Robin
PostsCOLON 163
JoinedCOLON Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm
LocationCOLON Counciltucky

Postby Sir Robin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Jester wroteColonI could be wrong.

I do remember that newspaper page too with the woman's skirt being blown up. However, I have no idea what mission it was... I just remember the skirt. :lol:
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot,
who nearly faced the fierce dragon of Angnor,
who almost stood up to the vicious chicken of Bristol,
and who personally wet himself at the Battle for Badon Hill.

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

The funny thing with that is I beat him the first time and I haven't been able to recreate that feat. I don't really know what I did differently - all I remember is that I was using the Hellhound.

As for favorite mission... Definitely Clash of the Dreadnoughts! It's just one big huge aerial furball, and it gives me a chance to use the Firebrand, which I don't get to do that often.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

I must admit that the most exhilarating mission, was the first time that I played "Clash of the Dreadnoughts".
Just hearing Nathan say that Johnny Johnson is sending in his BIG Military Zeppelin the "Gemini" after us sent chills down my spine.
I mean how the hell can the Pandora expect to go toe-to-toe with a military zep, she is only a modified passenger zeppelin after all.
and my first time through that mission was almost a complete disaster, she only just scrapped by with minus two gas bags!

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:59 pm

I've played that mission so many times. After a while, I got into a groove where I was able to down the Gemini into a single pass. Just start at the nose and work your way down the length. Helps to have a slow plane like the Firebrand though.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

The Leviathan
PostsCOLON 49
JoinedCOLON Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am
LocationCOLON Outer Banks Protectorate

Postby The Leviathan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 am

Ladies & Gentlemen,
Stumbled across this very impressive Crimson Skies LP site today while trying to answer the "favorite airplane design never replicated in miniature" question. I apologize in advance if I am re-posting some old information, but thought this too good a collection of CS gameplay footage to pass up. Enjoy!

http://bd.baldurk.org/1400#title :P

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:13 am

Nice I like it!
But what is that about another CS title being developed after HRtR but later scrapped?
Anybody have any info on this?
I know that there have been ideas thrown around but not that design or production ever occurred . . . .

Jester
PostsCOLON 57

Postby Jester » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 am

Smith & Tinker has the video game rights. But they're presumably busy with that disconcertingly quite MechWarrior reboot.

I've heard a lot of the personnel behind High Road to Revenge formed the studio which made the somewhat similar Dark Void, but I'm not sure what happened to them after that apparently flopped.
4L3C - 4R3E

Return to