Generally speaking it is quite general.
Captain Zee
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Fishtail, Montana

Re: Let's Play Crimson Skies

Postby Captain Zee » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

There was a rumor about a new Mechwarrior coming out by the same group at the same time, but stories say that these ideas "died on the desk," but it's clear that there were ideas. Great find Leviathan!
Montana Zeppelin & Radio Company

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 am

MW5 is indeed real, but they are currently tied up with legal issues. (Concerning intellectual/art property rights? ? ? Harmony Gold just like last time.) The game is complete, the legal paperwork needs to be cleared.
Here is the >>official MW5 game trailer<<. As best I understand things, the "Unseen" "Mechs became "Reseen" after the conclusion of the last lawsuit which Harmony Gold lost. As a result they were included in MW5, which confusingly, prompted yet another Harmony Gold lawsuit. What the final disposition of the MW5 game and the Unseen/Reseen 'Mechs come to remains to be. . . Seen!

A >>MechWarrior movie<< has been optioned as well, but there has been no word on recent progress, if any. Briefly, some years back, there were persistent rumors of a Crimson Skies TV series, but to the best of my knowledge it never went past the conceptual (or outright rumor) stage. There was an official announcement by Dreamworks of a >>Crimson Skies Movie<<. But, like the MechWarrior movie, there has been no other news reported since that announcement.
Flying the Crimson Skies

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 am

Thom wroteColon There was an official announcement by Dreamworks of a >>Crimson Skies Movie<<. But, like the MechWarrior movie, there has been no other news reported since that announcement.

I doubt there would be, the veil of secrecy that most movie companies operate under will insure that they will deny everything until they are ready to give an announcement.
Besides, given that Dreamworks also has the rights for a halo movie, I think it more likely we would see that made before CS and they are not admitting anything on that front either.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:46 am

True, but it's been 10 years since Dreamworks made that Crimson Skies announcement, I really think we would have heard something by now if it were being realized!

But then maybe it is like DC Comics & Wonder Woman. They had a WW movie in the works for late this year or early next year which got shoved back three or four years (2014 soonest) to allow NBC room to develop a new TV series due out this year. The cast who had been lined up was dismissed so they will be starting from scratch when, or if, they finally do a movie. (Hot six foot tall Greek babe named Xena, yes really, was set to be WW, someone else got the TV role and the movie will be re-cast in 2013ish.) *Sigh*
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jester
PostsCOLON 57
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am
LocationCOLON Western Australia

Postby Jester » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

It's pretty common for a film studio to start work on something, and very rare for it to actually be converted into a film which opens in cinemas. Keep in mind that both Spore and Asteriods* have been grabbed by studios to make into movies, I would be incredibly surprised if we see either. Which makes the quality of most of the movies we do see all the more surprising really.

*No, seriously.
4L3C - 4R3E

Return to