foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Reinstalled PC Game - Visual Glitches

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:07 am

Man I feel like such an idiot . . . I totally forgot that my motherboard has multiple graphic card slots [pci-e, agp, pci] plus going through my garage recently I found a box of my old cards . . . threw in my old gforce 6200 and YES! IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY !! ! ! * *sobs!* *

Oh wait small problem . . . my pci-e architecture is 2.0 and the old card is 1.0 damn incompatible . . . looks like I have to restart and replace cards whenever I want to play CS . . . oh well maybe I will get another old card off of ebay.

n00b
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sun May 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Postby n00b » Sun May 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Sorry for this epic bump, but I too have a 5850.

Any updates for us ATI users? Right now I crash on the loading screen even after using the CS FIX. Not aware of any other fixes. Please post links to the file or give me a file name so I can google it on my own.

I guess the only real fix is to throw in a secondary Nvidia GPU into my rig. :/

Thanks

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 am

WOOHOO! ! ! I am back in the game . . . literally!
A friend was dismayed at my current graphics card [ATI Radeon HD 4650], he conveyed to me his thoughts on how a top line graphic artist needs a certain level of performance from his system and that mine was not quite there yet, so he gave me his old and recently refurbished Geforce GTX 285.
It took some creative tetris skills to mount this inside my case, it is larger than my mainboard and extends into the drive bay :shock:
Suffice it to say, I now can play CS [with no errors] at full resolution & detail, the way zipper interactive intended, yes! :mrgreen:

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 pm

I have had no luck getting it to run properly under Win 7 Pro 64 with an ATI/Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. Tried the XP patch, no joy. I can either get graphics or menu, not both.
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to