I hat e the first Hollywood mission.

Generally speaking it is quite general.
Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: I hat e the first Hollywood mission.

Postby Grant » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

The Sky Haven AUtogyro mission sucks...royally.

As for the autogyros in Hollywood....

Loadout: Turreted plane. Twin .50's rear, minimum of 4 flak rockets set aside for Autogyros.

Densoman2
PostsCOLON 69
JoinedCOLON Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: I hate the first Hollywood mission.

Postby Densoman2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm

I have to agree I hate it as well. Betty's whining gets on my nerves as well and yes I have put a few holes in the
Spruce Goose for laughs.

traveler
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Milwaukee

Postby traveler » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm

I take on the gyros by looking for one that is some distance off. If the are to close I can't turn fast enough to shot them. Hollywood is tough, but I find the warehouse in New York a pain. Six planes to one and you need all your rockets to take out the warehouse. Fortunately explosive amunition does damage to the warehouse as well as the rockets. Sometimes I think the rest of your pilots are just there to scream in your ear. Do they ever use their rockets. I always seem to do all the damage when attacking a Zepplins broadside cannons. I have never seen any of my other pilots fire on them.

I hate the gyro mission with Booth as well. The gyro has no armour and only thirty cal. guns. I have tried to do this in the "hardest" setting and never succeed.
If I don't find Booth in the first location I crash and start again. Those Brigands with rear guns are murder. Never tail them to close. As someone else has already mentioned, don't fly a straight line to long. The Black Hats are on you instantly and your solid red in seconds. And again you are chasing after Booth in his own gyro. Let him get some distance and then pour it on.
I made waffles

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 pm

One thing that I find useful when dealing with Booth is to arm my hop with chokers.
What I find happens is that the black hats tend to dive together so I like to hide under an overhang [outside of their field of fire], close to the ground and wait for them to come past.
You wait till just before they pull out of their dive [but still close to the ground] and fire the chocker . . . . the rest is self explanatory, crash crash crash, if any survive they are easy pickings!

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, I've never had much trouble with the autogyros on the first Hollywood mission; then again, I tend to pack nitro so I can just outrun them. However, you may want to try hitting them on the ground. They're sitting there on their little parking lot, and it's possible to shoot them up and destroy them before they take off. I usually manage to get one or two before they take off just by taking shots of opportunity with .70s and rockets.

For the Sky Haven autogyro mission, I'll share a tip I saw in an online walkthrough. Apparently, going through the 4 locations in a certain order are more likely to cause Booth to appear. This walkthrough recommends going to the Brothel first and then going to the Bar by the Dry Docks. I've used this myself and I've found that there's about an 80% chance that this will cause Booth to come out, with a small chance that he's at the Brothel right away. The best part of this is that you only have to fight two Brigands. If I don't find Booth at either of those places, I typically just restart the mission.

The walkthrough can be found here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914280-crims ... /faqs/9275
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Ferdish
PostsCOLON 7
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Postby Ferdish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi, I've had a problem to find all stunts in this mission. I've searched whole map, but it's impossible that there's 11 stunts. When I finished mission first time, I performed 9 stunts (btw they are all mentioned in Aaron Cloutier's FAQ), but at the debriefing there were two empty frames for stunt photos. Then I found another one, but I still miss the last one. These are stunts I found and accomplished:

Three "O"s and "D" in the Hollywood sign (4).
Metal bridge near the hill with Hollywood sign.
Egyptian archway.
Suspension bridge (2).
Rock Arch in the bay.
The New York sceneries.

Could someone tell me where the h*ll is the last stunt?

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Fly under the cross bar of the letter "H" :ugeek:

Densoman2
PostsCOLON 69
JoinedCOLON Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Postby Densoman2 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

I know this thread has been inactive a while but I just wanted to say I took everyone's advice on the 1st mission and cake walked right thru it, which is something I had never done. Here's what I did;

I built 2 brigands with 2 rear firing 70 cals. I used 40's and 30's firing forward with explosive rounds. I also loaded explosive rockets. I hoped the rear firing turrent on my wingman's plane would help keep my wingman alive. As the mission started I peeled off and blasted 3 of the auto gyros on the ground. It was then a mop up of autogyros, blockade busting (since nobody ever heard of driving a transfer truck thru police cars at this time). The follow on wave of fighters is a cake walk and the battle is over. Wingman was alive and my shields were all green.

Absolutely the easiest time i ever had with autogyro's.

Great advice everyone.

Tony

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Cool, I usually use the Devastator or Fury for this mission myself.
I find that if you approach the stunts and then peel away that your pursuers will fly the stunts at slow speeds.
Makes it easy to do a stall turn and then pick them off.
But if you want a real challenge, try the Hollywood mission using a Hoplite whilst in cockpit mode . . . it's insane [but doable]

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

Postby stormwell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Don't recall having much of a problem doing any of the Hollywood stuff (if memory serves me right I may have done 'em in a Balmoral).

I think I got up to the Boeing Field missions (recall a second mission involving the Worker's Voyage zep).

Return to