New pilot in the air

Generally speaking it is quite general.
Knuckleduster
PostsCOLON 10
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

New pilot in the air

Postby Knuckleduster » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 am

Hi. A couple days ago I was amazed to see someone had made a patch for the nvidia graphics bug, and I got Crimson Skies working on my laptop.

I only started playing it a few years back, and when I switched systems it stopped working. None of my friends ever got it working on theirs, so we were never able to get a multiplayer set up, but I'd love to try some out!

rayvtirx
PostsCOLON 151
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 pm
LocationCOLON Bristol,England
CONTACTCOLON

Re: New pilot in the air

Postby rayvtirx » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:28 am

hi knuckleduster welcome to the forum
we play an ip - ip game every sunday, details of the ip, host, etc are posted in the sticky thread at the top of this section
its usually quite quiet but im hoping now that we have just found a busy lobby program that this will become our clan training ground :D
if you go to www.reverbgaming.com register , and download the cdrom lobby client youll find there are a few players online now flying multiplayer.
hope to see you in the air soon :!:

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:11 am

Welcome Knuckleduster!

Great to see a new player!

Although we've been just doing IP<>IP games, the link Rayvtirx mentioned looks like a good alternative.

I am thinking that next week (Don't have time to try it tonight), I will officially start all CS games from this forum to be there.

Knuckleduster
PostsCOLON 10

Postby Knuckleduster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Are you thinking of starting a clan/faction?

What planes are you favoring? The last time I played (game only, no pvp) I used a brigand, because I dig the rear turret, but this time I think I might stick with the Devistator. I never really took to the lighter bloodhawk or fury. I was never a good enough flyer to make much use of the agility and speed, so I tanked.

rayvtirx
PostsCOLON 151
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 pm
LocationCOLON Bristol,England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby rayvtirx » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm

i think "montana raiders" is a good name for a clan :lol: :lol:

Knuckleduster
PostsCOLON 10

Postby Knuckleduster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 pm

rayvtirx wroteColoni think "montana raiders" is a good name for a clan :lol: :lol:

Hmm. I think that's taken... wait... *checks address bar*... oh.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I might just do that/.....Hmmm :D

I like alot of planes, with the right loadout, most can be usefull. My favorite is probably the Kestral though.

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 pm

My favored loadout is a Devastator with medium engine w/nitro, twin .70-cals, and dumped the rest into armor. Reasonably agile, good speed (especially with nitro), good firepower, and enough armor to take a beating. When I was first playing, I found a couple guides online, one of which mentioned that in the heyday of CS online, most servers banned autogyros and rear turrets. Now I don't know what whether that rule still holds, but you might want to check it out.

When I was looking at that guide, I also heard of a special loadout for the Bloodhawk: heavy engine w/nitro, twin .70-cals, near max armor and NO rockets. As the guide said, it'll outperform almost anything, but you'll have to fly and shoot like the devil.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Return to