Coyote.? no way...

For anything not in the above. Ground combat/personal combat. Anything to do with CS, but not already covered.
smoto
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Coyote.? no way...

Postby smoto » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

in the south west native american folklore/belief/mythos, the coyote has allways ben known as the trickster.
in the apache belief system alone there are 60 + stories of the coyote and how he tries to swindle/trick/
take advantage of the people (indians). i really have a hard time believing that the hopi/navaho would
name thier only plane after him. a more believable name would, to me,be something like the Scout or the Brave.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Coyote.? no way...

Postby Grant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 am

I've thought of that.

I justified it as meaning that the plane could be used as a trickster/etc. against their enemies. Look at the various CS official and fan writings. You'd swear the dang things disappear in the canyons when pirates are fighting the Wind Warriors :lol:

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

I agree with Grant, if they fly the Coyote, honoring him in name, then perhaps they feel that he will be playing the nasty tricks on their enemies. Maybe they even take HIS role against their enemies.
Flying the Crimson Skies

smoto
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby smoto » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 pm

i really can't speak on what the Hopi were thinking when they first named thier only plane after the foolish one,
or the Navaho, when after appropriating it, they left it named so.
to the Apache, the fool had no honour.
whenever they told a story about him, they would say, "now, we have been speaking of fruit".
to throw the foolish ones spirit off into thinking he was not being made fun of.

thinking i might just continue this in Regions...

Return to