Sky Lords concept art.

For anything not in the above. Ground combat/personal combat. Anything to do with CS, but not already covered.
Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Sky Lords concept art.

Postby Thom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:50 am

>>Sky Lords Allies<< from DAZ 3d Productions art/objects. These WWII fighters have an alternate history concept much like Crimson Skies. What I am wondering is if the 3d Art/Virtual Model can be used as a CAD/3d print file?
Flying the Crimson Skies

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Sky Lords concept art.

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Easily.
The model just needs to be "closed" so it is a solid object.
Most of the Daz models are fairly clean and therefore easy to modify.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 am

That's good to know! Not that I am doing any 3d printing at the moment, but it's tickling at the back of my brain! I have been looking into additive metal fabrication, SML mainly or perhaps LENS, they much the same technology, LENS uses either a vacuum or inert gas chamber, really it's the next logical step in SML developement. My main focus would be making hard to find replacement parts for antique or obsolete firearms and prototyping, or maybe even manufacturing, my own designs. The equipment cost though, is a pretty insurmountable barrier at this point. But I can dream!
Flying the Crimson Skies

NickHNASB
PostsCOLON 81
JoinedCOLON Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
CONTACTCOLON

Postby NickHNASB » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:00 pm

It's possible, but unlikely, that a 3D model designed to be visually rendered will be suitable for 3D printing.

Part of the fun (and challenge) of learning to create aircraft for 3D printing has been mastering the real-world limitations of 3D printing. When you are designing 'virtual' models there are no phyical constraint you have to worry about and a good rendering engine with a suitable 'skin' will hide a multitude of glitches ;)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 am

On this particular topic, Daz now supports many 3D printing options, not all figures and props are supported yet, but a good many are and the list grows steadily. I haven't messed with the printing part yet, but it basically exports your 3D image to the appropriate software.

Since I do not have a 3D printer yet, I am unlikely to have an opportunity to test it out, but I am enjoying myself immensely creating scenes with Daz 3D.
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to