Non-Aircraft Kill XP

For questions on something you are confused on?
Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Non-Aircraft Kill XP

Postby Phoenix » Tue May 15, 2012 5:23 pm

This is something that I've been wondering about for a while, and since I'm probably going to be running a zepp attack mission soon, this is actually now somewhat important.

How do you handle kill xp for non-aircraft targets? How much xp does a pilot get for destroying a building, or strafing a defensive gun? How much is a zeppelin or ship worth? And if multiple pilots collaborate on a ground target (which, for a zepp or ship, they probably have to) does the xp only go to the pilot who strikes the final blow, or do they share it?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 99
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Re: Non-Aircraft Kill XP

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 am

Now that you mention it... haven't given it much thought before, myself. But I'd probably go something like this:

Buildings: 0 XP as they are usually not a threat and large immobile targets. If important as a mission goal the XP gain can of course be altered as you see fit.
AA-guns on the ground or on a zep/ship: around 10 XP for being a threat, but (rather) immobile.
As for downing zeps or sinking ships I'd say the pilots share XP, while their victory count should differentiate between "finishing" and "assisting" in defeating the target. Though for an "assist" it'd probably take more than a single shot at a gas cell, at least destroying one component of the zep/ship (i.e. a gas cell, a turret, etc.).
Regarding XPs for zeps and ships: well, this is very situational and depends on the size, the threat level and probably other factors as well. I think I'd maybe rate the average zep around 100 XPs, as it is an important experience for a fighter pilot to down one.
Many happy landings!

Return to