Errata Planes/Construction

For questions on something you are confused on?
[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Errata Planes/Construction

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

does anyone know where to get some official errata? Didn't find anything on the forum...

But perhaps some of my questions can be answered by some veteran flyer :)

- Monitor: Is the construction rule for 360° turrets given in some sourcebook? In the Aircraft Manual it seems that the turret simply takes up the remaining 320 lbs. payload...
- Mako: is supposed to have 90 armor points on the tail. This is higher than the actual allowance of 80 points given by the construction rules. What's the official take on this? (Cadet and Aeronaut both limit armor to 80...).
- Buccaneer and Cloud Raider: They feature 10 points of armor more than have actually been distributed on the plane. Should I just drop the remainder or allocate it somewhere?
- Nemesis: Has 4 Nitro Injectors instead of the usual 5. Is this legal? (I addressed this question also in the Aeronaut thread)

Thanks in advance!
Many happy landings!

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: Errata Planes/Construction

Postby Cyagen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi, nice to see a fresh face!

Regarding the Monitor, my rule is that they are no other 360 turret. Without that the plane looses its appeal.

For the Mako, add a row of armor to the sheet.

For your other questions I do not have my books around me right now but like the Bloodhawk and the Devastator, house rule what you want as long as very one is happy with in.
Malphas, over and out

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi, and thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah, I think you're right about the Monitor. It's probably best to keep it as a unique one-of-a-kind thing. Same goes for the Mako: that plane will simply get the 9th row. And my gaming group will hopefully be able to decide on how to deal with the other amor issues. Think I'll just propose some record sheets for our group and those will be the reference from there on.

But I suppose as the CS universe is and was not that carefully maintained by the athors that official errata and clarifications are hard to come by...
Many happy landings!

UnluckyNumber
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am
LocationCOLON Mormon militia pilot trapped in Illinois.

Postby UnluckyNumber » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

The only official errata that I know of is that taken from the official site long ago regarding the base game - nothing at all for any of the later books. It's funny too that one of the few pieces of errata offered says that front turret planes aren't allowed, and what do they do in the Aircraft Manual but turn around and give us two of them. :D It figures.

I wouldn't allow any other planes with a 360 turret either. They have no real construction rules for it, but worse is how nebulous the 360 rules are anyway. Better to just avoid the whole mess unless someone is playing the actual Monitor.

I'd never examined the armor too closely on my own cadet printouts of the Mako and Monitor record sheets, but, now that you mention it, mine are apparently shorted rows of armor too. It's kind of irritating that a few months back I went and printed a whole bunch of extra sheets of all the various fighters so my group would have them whenever we need them, and somehow I never noticed the mistake. Ugh!! Cadet seems to have cut all my planes'' tail armor off at 60. :shock: I'd probably never even have noticed if not for your post since I've not used any of those particular planes.
"My footsteps have often been marked with blood." Daniel Boone, 1734-1820.

Return to