Stupid question on skills

For questions on something you are confused on?
feggula
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Stupid question on skills

Postby feggula » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Really stupid question so many apologies.
I haven't played proper CS for ages, so could someone remind me, when a pilot is listed as having skills of 5-5-5-5-5-5, what order are the skills listed in? I've searched through all the rulebooks and I am being totally blind... Where is the reference in the books?
We use different skills for our roleplaying campaign these days so I haven't actually looked at proper pilot stats for a while.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Stupid question on skills

Postby Thom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 pm

CS: Rules of Air Combat, page 17 wroteColonEach pilot has five skills plus constitution: Quick Draw, Dead Eye, Steady Hand, Natural Touch and Sixth Sense.

I had always assumed they were in the order listed, but a look at the sheet shows them in this order:

CS Fighter Sheet wroteColonNatural Touch, Sixth Sense, Dead Eye, Steady Hand, Constitution and Quick Draw.

As I have never gotten to play the board game (For lack of other players), it never occurred to me to question the order. I have a love for the genre as a whole, but no real experience with the board game.
Flying the Crimson Skies

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 am

Yeah, can't remember if the exact order is actually explicitly stated somewhere, but we also went with the order on the sheets.

Seems most intuitive and also turns out to match the description of some of the famous pilots. Would have been easier if some of the pilots from the scenarios had been assigned fractional values for Quick Draw, but that's an optional rule of course...

If you only have pilots with 5-5-5-5-5-5, then the whole question is moot, actually... Just kidding ;)
Many happy landings!

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm

The skills rank is:

Natural Touch, Sixth Sense, Dead Eye, Steady Hand, Constitution and Quick Draw
Malphas, over and out

feggula
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Postby feggula » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks a lot for the order; is there an actual reference in any of the rulebooks for this anywhere? I'm not doubting you in the slightest, just wandering what else I might have missed if I managed to miss that...!

Return to