The Hellhounds of Mexico

Got a campaign? Kick tail-rudder scenario? Let us see it.
yahzuk
PostsCOLON 68
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm

The Hellhounds of Mexico

Postby yahzuk » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 pm

I wrote a campaign called "The Hellhounds of Mexico". Here is the mission briefing. The full campaign can be seen on my site www.angelfire.com/games3/yahzuk

I'm currently running the campaign as a PBEM. We've just completed the first mission and are setting up to start the second. I've got at least one, possibly two open spots. If anyone is interested in joining a PBEM, give me a holler. It's best to email me at yahzuk@yahoo.com

Mission Briefing

Since Mexico’s defeat during the second battle of the Alamo, the Texas-Mexican border has been the quietest border in the Republic. Funding for ARG2 has steadily declined as the high Command focused its resources battling the French in Louisiana, the Collective’s interference in Oklahoma, an on-going feud with the Confederacy of Dixie, and a continual pirate attacks against the Republic’s helium mines. The few airbases still operating in ARG2 house aging aircraft and training facilities.

Everyone knew that Mexico would still be a threat someday, just not today, and there were more pressing matters at hand. It was this lack of attention that allowed Mexico’s negotiations with Germany to go unnoticed for so long. So it was only by chance that the Echo class Comal River, on routine reconnaissance along the Rio Grande, spotted an airship bearing German colors over the Chihuahua Desert.

Acting quickly through back channels, Air Ranger Intelligence learned that Mexico had contacted Germany to re-open discussions of arms supply, first proposed by Germany’s Secretary of Foreign Affairs Arthur Zimmerman in 1917. Although Mexico formally declined the proposal during World War I, they were now interested in acquiring foreign arms to use against the Republic of Texas. After weeks of negotiations, the final agreement supplied Mexico with two German airships carrying German planes. More importantly, the deal licensed TNCA to produce Focke-wulf’s Hellhound design at a new factory, currently under construction near Chihuahua.

The Donnerschlag, spotted earlier by the Comal River, is an outdated Kondor class scoutship, slightly larger than the Republic’s Echo class. Loaded with two flights of similarly outdated Voss 157 “Kriegs”, it is believed that Germany was about to retire the Donnerschlag before Mexico purchased it. The other airship is the Zephir class Sturmjäger, a modern airship roughly equal to the Republic’s San Jacinto class. The Sturmjäger is believed to carry two flights of Hellhounds and a flight of Tempests. Both airships are patrolling the construction site while German flight instructors train Mexican pilots on the new planes. The TNCA factory itself is protected by a flight of locally made Skewers, as well as anti-aircraft gun emplacements. Furthermore, the factory is in close proximity to the Mexican Air Force’s Chihuahuan airbase, fielding Aguilas and Cazadors.

To deal with this threat, Air Ranger High Command ordered the recently repaired Seminole Canyon to invade Mexican airspace and destroy the factory before it can be completed. Under the command of Colonel Gordon Jennings, the Seminole Canyon is a Republic class zeppelin out of Randolph Field ARB near San Antonio. Col. Jenning’s has no love for Mexico. His great-great-grandfather, for who his is named, died defending the Alamo and Jennings himself (a 1st Lt. at the time) flew against Mexico during the second battle of the Alamo, earning three kills.

Although capable of carrying two full Air Ranger squadrons, Col. Jennings decided the mission had a better chance of success with a mixed element. Two flights of Valiants from the Twelfth TFS, Stephen F. Austin squadron, as well as one flight of aging Peacemakers from the Fifteenth TFS, Gaudeloupe Peak squadron and one flight of Behemoth fighter-bombers from the Forty-Sixth TFS, Sabine Pass squadron were assigned out of Randolph field. To round out his forces, Col. Jennings called in several owed favors to have some newer aircraft out of ARG4 “loaned” to Seminole Canyon for the mission. With great reluctance by their commanders, one flight of Mockingbirds from the Fourth TFS, Archers out of the Austin ARB and one flight of Tigershark heavy-fighters from the Twenty-Second TFS, Legends out of the Amarillo ARB were pulled from service and re-assigned to ARG2.

Grant Wrote
wow, sounds good.

Although I dunno if Germany would risk P.O'ing Texas? Germany is allied with the ISA, a enemy of the Peoples Collective (And Texas is the PC's enemy). In addition Germanies largest rivals, Britain and France, have "Friends" bordering Texas as well.

Carthaginian Wrote
Yeah, Grant... but Dixie and the ISA have just made nicey-nice, and the ISA doesn't eat unless they buy grain from Dixie or the Collective- and as Yankees aren't keen on grits and cornbread, the safe money is on the Collective. Also, Mexico invading Texas would take a LOT of heat off French Louisiana and Dixie, which would tickle France and Great Britain to no end. Louisiana might even be able to jump in towards the end, setting up a DMZ along the Red River to ensure some peace and quiet in the event that Texas is weakened but not beaten. Dixie, OTOH, could make a bid for Oklahoma; the 'Five Civilized Tribes*' have strong historical ties to Dixie, and might be interested in rejoining their distant cousins who hold the ancestral lands. Of course, this might bring Dixie and the PC into some conflict, but both sides would know who'd win that one.

Germany can take all the shots at Texas that they want from what I can see. Texas is a thorn in the side of ALL European nations looking to get a foot back in the door in North America. Heck, I could see setting Texas up for a fall being the only political matter that 1938 Europe could agree on before the next Ice Age.

*The Creek, Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw and Seminole tribes which were deported to Oklahoma were collectively known as the 'Five Civilized Tribes.' They largely sided with the Confederacy in the War between the States because the Confederacy dealt with them on nearly equal terms and even provided them with material to raise army units. This was only a generation or two ago as of Crimson Skies, and some of the 'Cherokee Braves' who were among the final Confederates to surrender might still be around to influence talk in the Councils.

Thom Wrote
This scenario could easily be rolled into my own storyline!

*Thom looks around with shifty eyes as he contemplates stealing this idea.*

Grant Wrote
Well not completely nicey-nicey. A couple of the Dixie states don't like it. And what I gathered was that it still could erupt.....PLus when your Big brother, who is buying you all the goodies says jump, you jump.

As for THe Confederation, I always thought it was sorta funny, the blacks were slaves, and looked on upon, but In the Civil War and immediately afterwards, many other "Minorities", such as Indians, Jew's,etc, were relatively...um..un-harrased? Tell the truth, I only think Negro's were recially judged for so long, was because The south lost cheap labor(Not only reason, but a part).

Carthaginian Wrote
Grant wrote:
Well not completely nicey-nicey. A couple of the Dixie states don't like it. And what I gathered was that it still could erupt.....Plus when your Big brother, who is buying you all the goodies says jump, you jump.

As for THe Confederation, I always thought it was sorta funny, the blacks were slaves, and looked on upon, but In the Civil War and immediately afterwards, many other "Minorities", such as Indians, Jew's,etc, were relatively...um..un-harrased? Tell the truth, I only think Negro's were recially judged for so long, was because The south lost cheap labor(Not only reason, but a part).

LOL... Jews, Indians, Chinese and Hispanics have always gotten more of a 'fair shake' in the South than in the North. The South was a much more 'cosmopolitan' place than high school history makes it out to be. Of course, this has to be downplayed to give the 'black and white' (pun intended) view of history. The Confederacy even had the first all-black unit (1st Louisiana Home Guards) although some of the more bigoted people refused to use them until things were desperate. It's also interesting to note that the officers in Confederate minority groups- especially the Indian units- were almost always minorities themselves, whereas the Union would insist upon having 'reliable, more intelligent' white officers up until WWI or later.

The Irish... well they didn't get quite as fair a deal; but that's only because when they came, they came in overwhelming droves. It's interesting to note that the Irish were employed in jobs TOO DANGEROUS FOR SLAVES, and at pay rates little better than slavery themselves.

Yahzuk Wrote
Unfortunately, one of my players had to drop out for a while, so I have an open spot in the PBEM. If you're interested in joining our campaign, please email me at yahzuk@yahoo.com

-Steve aka "Yahzuk"

*NOTE. being copied over 2 months after post, the spot is likely full*

yahzuk
PostsCOLON 68

Re: The Hellhounds of Mexico

Postby yahzuk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 am

Currently finishing up game 3 of the PBEM. Haven't heard anything from several Mexican players in quite a while. I think I'll have a few spots open on that team. Email me at yahzuk@yahoo.com if interested.

-Yahzuk

PS - I know its convenient to use the forum, but I do insist you contact me by email. But if you're not willing to use email in order to join a play by email game, you aren't all that interested!

yahzuk
PostsCOLON 68

Re: The Hellhounds of Mexico

Postby yahzuk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

The next PBEM game is now starting - the German Hellhounds are about to attack the Texas zeppelin! Lots of open spots, s o if interested, contact me at yahzuk@yahoo.com

Return to