Britain in CS? The Abdication Crisis becomes Edward's Coup

Got history/background for a region in CS? let us know. (Also includes re-interpretations of Canon if you wish)
Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: Britain in CS? The Abdication Crisis becomes Edward's Coup

Postby Cyagen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi, nice to see someone new on the board!

OK, as Grant says no Wallis, no abdication, this is CS Canon.

Also, the king in Britain in the 1930s did not had much direct influence on politics. Yes it boosted moral, was loved etc...but the important thing to ask to determine the fate of Britain is: "Where is Churchill?" That is the determinant factor.

My take on that is that Churchill, after the great war, went back to writing. He is probably a very influent writer but not a politician. That would help play to the weakness of England.

Also the Germany of CS is not he 1930s Germany. Since the Kaiser is still there, the NS would have a though time to get the Prussian officiers to come on their side. They would be more likely to rally around the Kaiser, even if he is a weak figure.

Your take on the U K and CW is very intersting and not incompatible with the CS verse. The important thing, IMHO, is not the king but the absence of Churchill...
Malphas, over and out

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I dream of a UK Sourcebook, it would have to be massive, but it would be wonderful to see. :D
Flying the Crimson Skies

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 pm

I think a Europe sourcebook would be more realistic since CS is very American centric....but it would still be massiv.

I'll make a deal with anyone outhere ready to start writing one, I'll take on the French chapter and will be willing to write part of the German one.

Now, going back to the ROQ sourcebook....
Malphas, over and out

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 am

You are correct of course, the main focus of Crimson Skies has always been the fractured US & Canadian states & provinces. But I really don't think it should stay that way, the rest of the world needs to be better represented! We have tossed around a lot of bits and pieces here, perhaps we need an editor to look at bringing them together as a seamless comprehensive book or books!

Sadly that's a skill that I lack, and combined with a serious lack of drive (Yes, pure laziness), leaves me out it.

Any volunteers?
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree, the rest of the world is as Crimson Skied as the US. I would love to have seen some more official stuff for Europe especially, and also South America and Africa.

Return to