Two New Projects: Ontario and Quebec

Got history/background for a region in CS? let us know. (Also includes re-interpretations of Canon if you wish)
captnmartin
PostsCOLON 139
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON CYWG

Two New Projects: Ontario and Quebec

Postby captnmartin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Ontario Sourcebook

Quebec Sourcebook

Layout Structure: Both will follow the structure of the 'Pride of the Republic' sourcebook. They will examine history, politics, regions, Industry, Armed Forces Composition, Pirates of Note, Aircraft of Note and will contain some scenarios. Optional rules for Strategic movement will be included in both books, as well as maps hexed for strategic movement.
Imagery: Commisioned and Donated Art
Length: TBD (Ideally about half of the Texas Sourcebook Each)
Project Lead: Moi
Completion Time: TBD
Price: Free, although sending nice comments my way or a word of thanks is good as payment as well.

I'm in the planning stages really. I know I'm tacking on to the established universe, so there will be no Mary Sues in these sourcebooks. Everything will be created to the standard of the Republic book (or as close as I can get). I'm aiming to have this release resemble an old FASA release in everything but name and price.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Two New Projects: Ontario and Quebec

Postby Thom » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 am

Good luck! I look forward to this!
Flying the Crimson Skies

captnmartin
PostsCOLON 139
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON CYWG

Postby captnmartin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Aircraft of Quebec
B - Bombardier
CB - Chasseur/Bombardier
C - Chasseur
T - Transport

CB-7 Loup Garou (Werewolf) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=429
C-13 Wendigo
M112 (From the Airman's Gazetteer)
B-4 Ouragan (Hurricane)
T-30 Élan (Moose)

Sneak peak at the Wendigo:

(Yes I suck at photoshop)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Another sweet plane!
Flying the Crimson Skies

yahzuk
PostsCOLON 68
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Postby yahzuk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Malphas also did a lot of work on a Quebec sourcebook. I think at least some of it was published to the forum.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 am

SUCK? SUCK?

That's nice.

That and the plane over in the Hanger are two things I can't believe I didn't think of.

A Valiant with Raven wings..I took almost every FASA miniature and held wings and fuselages in every angle I could think of...I didn't think of that one...

The soucebook sounds awesome! I look forward to it :D

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Mon May 03, 2010 10:40 am

Hi,

I'm back to CS after a long pause. I still got my sourcebook somewhere on my hard drive and I would be very glad to share it with you.

Malphas
Malphas, over and out

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Tue May 04, 2010 12:49 am

WooHoo! Welcome home!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341

Postby Cyagen » Tue May 04, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks,

Malphas
Malphas, over and out

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341

Postby Cyagen » Sat May 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Here is the introduction of my québec sourcebook.

Comments, revisions and questions are welcome.

Je me souviens – A People’s Christian Democratic Republic of Québec Sourcebook

1- Introduction

Dear readers,

The book you are currently holding took us a long time to write. Not much as been published on the République of Québec since it seceded from Canada in 1931. Even us at Air Action Weekly, have been guilty of under coverage of this country, until recently. With the recent daring recapture of the town of Granby in early 1937, Québec became the centre of the diplomatic attention as its neighbours and allies tried to prevent another war with the Maritime Province.

This forced us to consider more coverage of the largest Francophone state on the continent. However, the language barrier and the distrust that Quebecers have toward foreigner made this assignment tough, even the People’s Collective is easier to cover. But now, after almost six months of hard work, we are now able to present you a complete report and coverage of one of the most fascinating and unknown country of our continent.

This book would not have been written without the collaboration of many Quebecers that made possible for our reporters to get a better understanding of this closed and homogeneous society. To this effect AAW would like to give particular thanks to M. Jim O’Brien of the Chronicle Telegraph in Québec City, whose help proved priceless to arrange for meetings and visits of the République officials and military installations. Also, this book was made possible by the active cooperation of the Armée de l’Air du Québec (the Québec air force) or AAQ, which gave us permission to tour most of their facilities with reasonable freedom.

In the hope that this book will allow you to have a better understanding of this nation.

Bonne lecture,

Nero L. MacLeon editor Air Action Weekly

ES Intelligence memo Q-2443

To: all pilots and military personnel
Subject: République of Québec

RESTRICTED

The task of gathering information about the République of Québec is a great challenge; despite our best efforts we were unable to make significant infiltration of Québec’s territory and institutions. We are also faced with repeated refusals by the Maritime Provinces regarding intelligence sharing. Therefore, we recommend that you read this publication, to which our observations were added. Although the threat level posed by Québec is low compared with the ISA and Hollywood, the surprising performance of some of the Québec based groups and the steady expansion of the AAQ force us to remain vigilant. This document should be examined with the outmost care by all personnel.

Col. Gregory Leblanc, Deputy Director of the Québec and Maritime Provinces division of the Empire State Intelligence Agency
Malphas, over and out

Return to