World News Today! Chiapas Mexico in Revolt!

Got history/background for a region in CS? let us know. (Also includes re-interpretations of Canon if you wish)
Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

World News Today! Chiapas Mexico in Revolt!

Postby Thom » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 pm

World News Today wroteColon
Worlds News Today Exclusive Report!

Chiapas Mexico, the source of 40% of Mexico's export coffee, is once again the scene of bloody fighting as locals are rebelling against Federal policies which they claim "Keep the workers downtrodden". Many world watchers will recall that it was only a few years ago when the Mexican Federal Government finally managed to put down a 25 year long armed rebellion of the "Mapache" farmers who were reportedly responsible for the assassinations of several key national leaders during that war. But peace in the region would only last for these few short years as fighting has once again broken out with the complete destruction of multiple regional military outposts. Only one man, a Pvt Jose Juarez, is known to survive, he was captured and then released as the rebels assigned him the task of bearing their manifesto back to the Federal Government.
Pvt Juarez, seen here posing with his Mexican military issue rifle, a German made Mauser and German helmet has told observers that he was questioned by Russian men in military uniforms who were working with the rebels. While the press has yet to see the manifesto, it reportedly is written in Spanish, English and Russian and is said to contain many Marxist phrases. Rumors are arriving from the region of a smallish airship being glimpsed above the forest.
More news as it becomes available. . .

So. . . It has long occurred to me that Mexico now represents one of the largest landmass nations in the world of Crimson Skies. Russia has been broken down between factions of the Reds, the Whites and the Imperials, China is still a loose assortment of warlords with the Japanese as the largest single governmental entity there. Canada is broken now as well, that leaves only Mexico and Brazil as huge landmass nations.I will shatter Brazil later, for now I want deal with Mexico and the invasions of Texas, Arixo and Hollywood across the northern border. To make it more fun, why not toss in a Red revolution in the south? Starting in historically rebellious Chiapas, aided by a single Red Russian airship full of small arms and a handful of red agitators, the rebellion will rapidly spreading through Tabasco, Campeche and Veracruz. War on two fronts will spread Mexican forces thin, Mexico will have no choice but to accept assistance from Germany and maybe even Spain as others have suggested in previous threads on the subject. Perhaps the reds will even threaten other Central American nations and Corporate Banana Republics ripe for worker rebellion. While these ideas have been tossed around here before by many of us, I am feeling an itch to develop a more unified bigger world picture, hopefully based on forum consensus.

This is the start WWII as I see it, most (but not all!) battlefields will be in North America this time.

Note: The image I used above is of an unidentified Mexican soldier circa 1935, he is indeed wearing a mostly German supplied uniform, rifle and helmet!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: World News Today! Chiapas Mexico in Revolt!

Postby Grant » Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Sounds interesting to me!!

Only thought I've had: With several differant Red Factions in Russia, and the constant bickering there: I do wonder to what extent worldwide aid could be given? Observers and instructers? a few outdated planes? yes. Overall though I think that between Russia itself and Spain (the primary battlefield yet between communism and fascism) alot of the resources would be drained off to little more than that.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 am

Yay! We are back, three days without this forum had me climbing the walls!

Thanks Grant!

Yes I do think that World Wide Communist aid would be limited, a few men, some old guns and planes, maybe the loan of one small older Italian made airship. . . :D
Flying the Crimson Skies

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Sat May 04, 2013 1:51 pm

WOW.
I see Texas making a MAJOR land grab... very, very soon!
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Return to