Lupos Planes...

Made a plane? Bought one? Got a real oddball? Well let's see it.
lupo
PostsCOLON 54
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Bremen/Germany

Lupos Planes...

Postby lupo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 am

Yeah, so I hope this is the right place to post pics of painted CS-Miniatures...

I have just finished a Defender, painted up for a friend to represent his russian pilot (in service of a Peoples Collective Militia...)...after a quite hard sortie :lol:
This isn't my first miniature, but my first CS one...this things are really fun to paint. And I like, how it came out in the end...
comments welcome

Looking forward to post some more to the end of next week... (Fury, Brigand and Bloodhawk...)
the road to hell is full
of good intentions!
---Bruce Dickinson

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Lupos Planes...

Postby Thom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

Sweet! Very nice work!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Gorgeous! I love seeing peoples minis, this one is amazing. I love the asymmetric wing paint design.

Can't wait to see more.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 am

The stripe on the wing resembles the classic racers stripe that allowed observers and competitors to immediately identify the planes attitude, angle and direction of flight. All planes in the race would display the same stripe in the same location on the wing. In those early days of racing the pylons would be set over a large area, sometimes miles apart and would have turns in both directions whereas today they all fly in a tight close course with all turns in the same direction much like stockcars. Recently the Red Bull air races have restored some of the aerial excitement of those early air races with the exception that they are flying timed on tight solo obstacle courses rather than wing tip to wing tip as they did in the old days.

Which brings up an interesting thought. . . Racing rules for Crimson Skies! In the PC video game there was a racing mission!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 am

Very nice! I like the simple paint job in dual colors. Green and brown really play on each other.

lupo
PostsCOLON 54

Postby lupo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 am

hey everybody,

thanks for your replies. In the moment I'm trying to assamblee my brigand but they are to uneven in most parts to easily glue em together...lets see...

@thom
The Racing-Idea is great, yes. But I'm sure, I've red about it already (some years ago) on a german fan page...I will try to look it up (and maybe there is an english version, otherwise I will try to translate it myself...at least the basic-thoughts...)...I only remember some very nice ideas for the racing.

The Racing-Theme is mentioned quit often in CS, not only in the Game, I think there was something in "great hellium war" and I'm reading in "wings over manhatten", there is something written about national air-races (somerwhere in the desert areas) as well as Empire State-Races (Pulitzer-Cup or something...). There is also something written, that there a military-air races besides the normal civil ones (the military-races are flown with the normal fighter, the civil with unarmed, real racing, aircraft.)

Maybe one can also come up with some specific air-race gadgets instead of the normal weapons...rear-flash-rockets would be ugly through a narrow passage :mrgreen:
But maybe, besides some special-experimental (and not combat-ready) motor tuning, special devices for sharp-turnes...special kinds of chutes or something, only on one side of the plane, to help turning.
Or sideward fired harpons, aiming for the pylons (like in the original Batman-Movie (the one with Nickelson)...you know, when he is escaping in the rocket powered bat mobile and the turns are way to smal for the car...).
Or rockets fixed on the wingtips, not for firing. but once launched, they might give the plane some extra boost.

cheers

yahzuk
PostsCOLON 68
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Postby yahzuk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 am

A fellow by the name of Jason Tudor wrote a National Air Races supplement back when the boardgame was in its heyday (circa 2001). Really top quality stuff. Fox Force Five has the supplement available in the download section of their website.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks!
Flying the Crimson Skies

lupo
PostsCOLON 54

Postby lupo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm

well, I expected to present you something new to the end of last week, but however with some delay something new is incomming...better late than never (a german saying...is it one in english too?)...

Well, this Basta...ehm...Bloodhawk took me some time and still now it is not 100% finished...I not sure about two things: bigger markings(numbers) and to ad something to the very basic "noseart" as it is only a small dot right now.

However, this is to represent Jack "Hangman" Bonnets later plane, a slightly modified bloodhawk called "Joker", used as a courrier-plane in his own little business (thatswhy the winged hourglass...hurry and such ;)...oh and I replaced the cal .40 guns with one cal .60 gun to give the plane a little more punch [on the mini I cutted the lover guns away and drilled a little hole for representing this] )...yeah, a little story: he has been commander of my most played squad, a pirate-group called "the dead jesters" but after they went down by some inner conflict (treason and such) he went undercover and started this, to make a living. The Name "Joker" (as well as the colours used) refer to his old plane, a Fury called "Queen of Spades" (and, well Joler aswell recalls the "Jester"-Theme). The skull on its nose is to represent his little revenge-thing going on slowly besides, against his once friend and betrayer...at least in a little story I'm writing on, always the same I guess...I'll try to bring it to english...or at least will try, still have to improve my english...alright, to cut a long story short, here it comes

I think this paintsheme kicks as (but could have been painted way better, white is a challenge...)...I decided to use a more remarkable, for this is a company-sheme and needs to catch some eyes on the ground. Some kind of "representive"

Oh, and what is better, than one Bloodhawk? right, two of em...painted nearly all the same (the second only misses the skull). The second one is called "Faith", flown by his once and now new wingwoman Heather "Blacksheep" O'Brian...go here for a picture of her [url="http://www.montanaraiders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=492"]LINK[/url]

So thats it for now...here is just a little teaser of what you can expect over the next weeks (I hope)...

The Big Fury (as the small ones as well) were some work, I decided to drill little holes throu them (from the downside throu the guns, wings and body) and then put a small metal-rod in...this will carry it till infinitys end ;)...but I wonder how, especially the small, Furys are thought of to be assembled. All the force just on the Gun with its very small connection to the rest of the fighter.

cheers
the road to hell is full
of good intentions!
---Bruce Dickinson

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 pm