Bombardier CB-7 Loup Garou (Werewolf)

Made a plane? Bought one? Got a real oddball? Well let's see it.
Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: Bombardier CB-7 Loup Garou (Werewolf)

Postby Cyagen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:44 am

This is a free forum, people are free to do Québec planes...and I'm free to ignore them.

You maybe on to something...Hughes could have a plant in Qc to export his Bloodhawk to countries that Hollywood does not like, like Texas. However, it is not the logical choice, Ontario would be a better place, but nothing prevents him to use Bombardier although Hughes planes are designed using a completely different philosophy.

Too much of a stretch for me, but at least a workable explanation.
Malphas, over and out

NickHNASB
PostsCOLON 81
JoinedCOLON Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Bombardier CB-7 Loup Garou (Werewolf)

Postby NickHNASB » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:12 am

My take:

The Loup Garou is a Hughes *skunk* project that was designed by an (English speaking) Quebec ex-pat and was intended to combine the advanced aerodynamics of the Bloodhawk with more workaday components to be easier to maintain in the field. Hughes were unwilling to dilute their own hi-tech image and so licensed the Bombardier name from the Quebec company who were more than happy to take Hughes money.

The more critical components are manufactured by Hughes but assembly is subcontracted to a number of *shadow* factories around North America including Bombardier which allows Hughes to compete in *unfriendly* markets like Texas. Industry observers have suggested that Hughes took this route because the Loup Garou design was too good to discard but they did not want to compromise sales of the Firebrand in their more traditional markets.

Return to