Patrick's Hanger (Lots of Pics)

Made a plane? Bought one? Got a real oddball? Well let's see it.
Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Patrick's Hanger (Lots of Pics)

Postby Patrick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 am

I was inspired today to drag my miniatures out of storage and snap some pics. These aren't near as good as the other excellent work I've seen on this board, but oh well.

This first one is a pair of Bloodhawks in Air Rangers 1st TFS "Lonestars" livery. This would have been late late 36 or early 37, right before the squadron switched to the venerable Mockingbird.

Same aircraft from behind.

Bloodhawks flying in tight formation with the Battleship Texas slowly sailing by down below.

Close up of the great BB-35, Battleship Texas. As I write this the great dreadnought is taking on water in the Port of Houston in real life and people are working around the clock to save her from sinking where she is berthed. If I ever "make it big" this ship and the museum that maintains it will most likely be my primary charity.

A formation shot of my privateer group from Pacifica, the Rainer Raptors. (All of these aircraft are unfinished. I never got around to painting the details and adding decals.)

This is the squadron commander's Fury.

The Devestator. Probably my favorite paintjob out of the Raptor paddock. (Sorry, I wanted to use a Jurassic Park term.) ;)

One of the two Peacemakers in the group. The Peacemaker is my favorite double-hulled aircraft in CS. Even more than the MS382.

The second Peacemaker. These aircraft were the ones that convinced me that black canopies are probably the way to go.

The flash killed the detail on this unfinished Coyote. The bottom has the gray and black camo like the tops of the other Raptors.

Two Occam Aircraft Razor fighters. This was the first aircraft I designed when "CADET" came out. The lead fighter is a famous pirate ace, hence the black and red wing.

For some reason this Avenger is my favorite CS mini I have. I don't care much for the Avenger overall, but I love the colors. It just really pops for me for some reason.

1st attempt at an action shot.

2nd attempt, with 3 pixel motion blur and adjusted levels applied.

This is an AVG "Flying Tiger" P-40 Warhawk from the Wings of Glory game. There are a handful of aircraft/livery combinations on this planet I absolutely love, and this is one of them. And it's the same scale as the CS minis, so it would really fit in.

How did that get in there?! ;) If only the Republic of Texas could get their hands on that thing.

My "hanger". Most of the fighters that are visible are either Rainer Raptors unpainted, or Texas and Mexico fighters unpainted. (Bottom right are two Cazadors). the Twin hulled aircraft with the black background was going to be a Tornado.

Some of the swag I got when writing Pride of the Republic. This is a 6 pack of unopened minis.

My reference library for Crimson Skies, not counting the real world books I've accumulated over the years. The "FASA" binder on the right has my original proposal, acceptance letter, contract, paycheck, feedback, and correspondence from FASA on Pride of the Republic, as well as the proposal and outline for ZB and a page dealing with my part in the third book I was help with.

Well that's it. I really should get back to that source book.

csadn
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm
LocationCOLON Sitting down, facing front.

Re: Patrick's Hanger (Lots of Pics)

Postby csadn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:54 am

Reminds: I never did get around to showing you the fluff for Dalton A.C., did I?
CF

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 pm

For some reason, the Avenger is my favorite looking CS aircraft, I just love the looks of it, just the right amount of pulpiness in the look!

Thanks for sharing Patrick, some very nice planes there sir! AND an interesting library. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 pm

These look great. I have tons of the clicky prepainted figs and have only repainted a few of them. I admire anyone that takes time to paint up the minis. Also, when can we read more from your FASA library? :)
Last edited by 1 on Jerba, edited 0 times in total.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Jerba wroteColonThese look great. I have tons of the clicky prepainted figs and have only repainted a few of them. I admire anyone that takes time to paint up the minis. Also, when can we read more from your GAZA library? :)

There are actually three other primers that were released for CS that I never saw. I would love to get my hands on them.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:07 am

I am actually interested in those primers, especially the civilian aircraft.
Any chance we can get a peek?

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:08 am

foxmalcolm wroteColonI am actually interested in those primers, especially the civilian aircraft.
Any chance we can get a peek?

Oh yes pretty please!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm

With sugar on top?

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 am

Show us the F**** book....

(Sorry, compulsive need to complete Pulp Fiction quotes)
Malphas, over and out

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Now, now Cyagen, don't play nice and we won't let you read what he shows us *Sticks out tongue and puts thumbs in ears*.

Some purty planes. WOW.....That Grumman Avenger is a REEEAAAALLLL beauty. I like the Avenger (the plane, not the stats though), it has a rugged grace. But man...that paint job on it is AWWWWESOME!!!!

Return to