Gyroscopic Gunsight (custom equipment)

Expanded/Home Rules for Crimson Skies
Coefficientofsnark
PostsCOLON 26
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Gyroscopic Gunsight (custom equipment)

Postby Coefficientofsnark » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:53 am

Developed by the IBM corporation, the gyro gunsight is a marvelously complex collection of gyros, rheostats and twist wheels that operate a reflector gunsight. The pilot inputs the target aircraft's wingspan by means of a twist dial, then uses a thumb switch to match a circle on the gunsight to the target's wingtips. The gunsight will then automatically adjust the point of aim if the sight to compensate for deflection shooting.

Rules:

-Takes up one modification slot
-Weighs 40 lbs
-Costs $800
-The calculator gears can only be matched to one set of guns firing a particular type of ammunition. If ammunition type is switched from the designated type, the gyro gunsight offers no benefit.
-Can be attached to pintle or turret guns.

-When attacking, the pilot may elect to adjust their gyro gunsight. This gives a -1 modifier to the pilot's Quick Draw for that round and a -1 for any deflection modifier. If they do not adjust their gyro gunsight the firing is resolved normally. Shocked pilots are unable to make the fine adjustments and so cannot use the gyro gunsight.

-Gyro gunsights are fragile. Any incident that causes the pilot to take any constitution damage renders the gyro gunsight inoperable for the rest of the fight.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Gyroscopic Gunsight (custom equipment)

Postby Grant » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:47 am

Now that's cool. An interesting addition, I really wouldn't have thought of!

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Interesting, but I am not sure this is balanced, only 40Kg....
Malphas, over and out

Coefficientofsnark
PostsCOLON 26
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Coefficientofsnark » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I actually have no idea whatsoever how much historical gyro gunsights weighed. A quick google did not reveal this information. I just wanted a convenient weight increment that would allow it to be swapped easily for other, pre-existing equipment. I could easily see making it heavier.

Return to