Expanded/Home Rules for Crimson Skies
Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Antique

Postby Carthaginian » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Antique

Though serviceable, this aircraft has been far outclassed by more modern developments in aviation technology.
Game Effect: Antique aircraft have speed, structure and acceleration levels 1 level lower than purchased, to a minimum of one. Antique planes must purchase level 2 or higher in a trait.
Cost: Antique decreases the cost of the airframe and the engine by 20%

This should hopefully help represent the older planes with lower performance figures.

EDIT: Changed cost effect at Grant's suggestion.
I think this will work better.
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

setbb.com
PostsCOLON 70
JoinedCOLON Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 am

Re: Antique

Postby setbb.com » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Phoenix Wrote
And maybe it's opposite: Cutting Edge, to represent planes that are new, experimental, or jsut plane advanced.

Cutting-Edge planes have speed, structure, and acceleration 1 higher than purchased. This CAN allow them to go beyond normal maximums, such as 6 speed and Gs and 3 accel. However, they cost more if this is true.

Cost: Pay for stats with new value. If a stat is pushed above the normal max, increase the cost of the relevant area (engine, airframe) by 50%.

Carthaginian Wrote
That would allow for the more advanced WWII piston engine fighters to work in Crimson Skies, with the least amount of new rules necessary to get it working.

Simple is always good.

Grant Wrote
I like the Antique. A good way t include old fighters.

Cutting edge sounds good, but in a way some of the fighters are so advanced now, It will make them a far easier plane to win with if they can be bought with stats over maxiimum?

Phoenix Wrote
It was just an idea, feel free to adjust.

Return to