Altitude, Gliders, and Rocket-Fighters, oh my....

Expanded/Home Rules for Crimson Skies
Khy
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Re: Altitude, Gliders, and Rocket-Fighters, oh my....

Postby Khy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:04 am

Petey... pleasant.

Speaking of, what happens to Shanghai's Green Gang and the poppy warlords out in the countryside? Are they still there, do they still have unofficial government sanction, have they gone fully rogue?

csadn
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Sitting down, facing front.

Re: Altitude, Gliders, and Rocket-Fighters, oh my....

Postby csadn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 am

Khy wroteColonPetey... pleasant.

Petey is my kind of deity -- the literal exponent of "the Lord helps those who help themselves" (see the bonus comic in Book 7 for details).

Khy wroteColonSpeaking of, what happens to Shanghai's Green Gang and the poppy warlords out in the countryside? Are they still there, do they still have unofficial government sanction, have they gone fully rogue?

See previous -- most of them died in "accidents"; the few who survived did so by making sure they did not annoy Chen. The opium trade exists, but is kept mostly to medicinal uses; there is an illegal-drug trade, but it has been... suborned :) (chances are: If someone is an opium addict, one way or another, he's funneling info to Chen's crowd). There is a campaign to convert those opium fields which can be to producing other, more-generally-useful, crops, as part of the overarching plan to drag China out of its unending repetition of feudal autocracies (of which the ChiComs are just one more, with slightly different names for the mandarins).

Chen understands: Drugs make people untrustworthy -- the most loyal man can be turned into a traitor by manipulating his addiction. (It should have been a Big F***in' Clue to the rest of the world when the Mafia of the period said straight out: "You can do whatever you like, except deal with drugs; that stuff is too dangerous"; when *THE MAFIA* say something is too dangerous to mess with.... >:) )
CF

Return to