Hells Angels...

Units created using the FASA system
Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Hells Angels...

Postby Thom » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm

(Real World) In 1927 (Released in Nov 1930) Howard Hughes made a movie "Hells Angels" about a fictional British fighter squadron from WWI. In WWII an number of units took the Nickname "Hells Angels" as inspired by the movie. Some of those pilots and aircrewmen returning home eventualy formed the motorcycle club which became know as the "Hells Angels" gang. . .

So. . . (CS Universe)

Since Hollywood is now an independant nation and Howard Hughes plays a much larger role in politics he just might be inspired to:

Create a private mercenary aviation unit, composed of WWI aviation veterans and contracted exclusively to Hughes Aviation and the Nation of Hollywood. It is only natural that they would name themselves "Hells Angels". . .

By 1937 there will be many former Hells Angels vets who, for various reasons, no longer fly or perhaps they were WWI infantrymen. Might they not form a motorcycle mounted auxilary unit? Retired or injured flyers and infantrymen, as an irregular, motor cycle mounted, light cavalry, crusing the highways and backroads are perfectly logical. If armed with Thompsons which can be fired from a moving cycle they could use their mobility to own common infantry. Being mercenary irregulars, they would not have to wear standardised uniforms. . .

So then, to summerise, we see a group of tattoo'd, unit patch covered, leather vest wearing roughnecks, flying planes and mounted on motorcycles, almost 10 years earlier than we did in the real world. Only in the CS universe they are dedicated to the defense and service of Hollywood rather than to self serving crimes. . .

Hollywoods Hells Angels might end up looking exactly the same, but focused very differently. They would be seen as heros, looked up to by children like Texas Rangers. With Howard Hughes huge movie based PR industry they might even be treated like royalty.

Roadhouses along every California highway might serve as Hells Angels stations. . . Over a period of a few years as autonimous units they might develop their own customs and traditions, with rights of passage and milestones of achievement. . . They might even displace the California Highway Patrol one day. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

setbb.com
PostsCOLON 70
JoinedCOLON Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 am

Re: Hells Angels...

Postby setbb.com » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Carthaginian Wrote
A VERY interesting picture.
As a someone affiliated with (but not a member) of a VMC (Veteran's Motorcycle Club), I could easily see this kind of thing happening...

A bunch of vets, coming off the high of combat and needing a new fix, start riding motorcycles (an all too true story, right now newly minted vet bikers cost the army almost as many casualties per year as Iraq). Upon the breakaway of Hollywood, these patriotic citizens begin enforcing the borders of 'their turf' in a very rough and ready way. Formerly military and with a strict hierarchy they easily fall back into an somewhat ordered, semi-military existence. Initially, they are mercenaries, selling themselves to whatever border town that might need a helping hand this week or month, but they slowly become something more.

New chapters open up everywhere they garrison for more than a few weeks as locals join the club. Ranks swell and equipment becomes more 'serious'; formerly bikers armed with scavenged pawn-shop weapons, they begin to invest their contract money in real military hardware. Simple motorcycles evolve into specialized, high-mobility weapons of war: scout bikes, with a pair of sawed-off M1 Garand-type rifles flipped upside down for easy loading and rigged to be fired from the handlebars... 'war chariot' trikes with belt-fed machine guns and V8 engines... the possibilities are endless!

Grant Wrote
LOl. Yeah, a interesting thought......Very unique

Thom Wrote
Excellent Carthaginian! We share a vision here! Initialy bankrolled by Howard Hughes as mercenaries, they rapidly evolve into their own subculture, serving as an informal, irregular malitia. Part merc, part gang, roughly militarily structured with tribal undertones and strict social codes. They play rough, live hard and die hard for brotherhood and Hollywood.

By 1937 they might still be on the small side, maybe a four squadrons directly employed by Hughes and three to five mounted chapters.

Consider. . . They may see Mexico as a problem, as a result they spend a lot of time patroling the Tijuana to Mexicali area, taking on bandits and keeping an eye on Mexican govt movements. Perhaps even planning an eventual invasion of Baja on behalf of their nation, without their nations knowledge or support. . .

Carthaginian Wrote
Thom wrote:
Perhaps even planning an eventual invasion of Baja on behalf of their nation, without their nations knowledge or support...

Do we ever share a vision!
I think a 'preemptive' invasion of Tijuana and even a conquest of all of Baja would be a possibility for Hollywood. An independant mercenary group bankrolled by Hughes (who really runs Hollywood anyway) would be a very logical move- Hollywood could deny direct involvement for the longest possible time, and Hughes could stay involved in the process with the safety of anonymity.

Thom Wrote
By twos and threes, the bikers infiltrate Mexico, regrouping near Mexican military bases. Using stealth at first, they place bombs on specific targets and then, simultaniously across Baja they attack, stealing planes & tanks and drestroying as many others that they cannot steal. Hells Angels Squadrons launch, bombing and strafing the hell out of Mexican positions. . .

In a few days it would be over with Hells Angels controlling all the key positions. Any remaining Mexican forces that surrendered would be allowed to board boats and cross the gulf back into Mexico even as the Angels present the new territory to the Hollywood people. . .

Carthaginian Wrote
Thom, I think you have a campaign there!
If you write it, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I have a couple of new T.N.C.A. planes I'm working on for my Caribbean book- feel free to use them if you like. The Puma is in the preview I posted, if you like it, I'm starting to work on another this week and will PM you the details when it's hammered out.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:16 am

This scenario, in my notes for novels, was to be the third prong of the invasion of Mexico, immediately following the attacks of Texas and Arixo. The growing VMC's of all three nations, secretly organized and equipped by Hughes, would become the Mercenary irregulars used first by Texas and then Arixo and then become the spear head of the invasion of Baja, forcing the hand of the Hollywood govt to support them. Hughes is playing his own political games, not for personal gain, though he will profit, but from his own strange sense of duty to his nation. He will be, metaphorically speaking, a king and kingdom builder, not a king, but he fully intends to be the true power behind the throne.

No one would ever really suspect all those bikers cruising up and down the highways and byways of secretly being an irregular militia. Using smuggling and shady deals to develop a covert means of finance, they might ultimately become a sort of patriotic criminal militia, developing their own culture with unique customs and traditions. Establishing a permanent foothold in Baja they will force California to acknowledge them. At a point in the future though, their criminal activity would lead to conflict with their govt's legal system. Maybe leading to further trouble in Baja. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

This is a fun little idea! I like the idea of these guys on their motorcycles. I can totally picture a "super cycle" that was 3 wheels and a crew of two. A driver in front in normal position and then a wide tricycle back with a pair of fifties on a turret for a gunner (think something like a half track AA mount). They have to have some AA capability in CS!

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Interesting concept! I wonder how many of the pirate groups and other paramilitary units in CS would adopt similar charters as MCs did? Maybe they all fly or ride to Free Colorado for a Sturgis style party every year! :)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005

Postby Thom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 am

I love it! That's way too funny, but at the same time a completely valid idea. Having an annual assembly in Colorado would go a long way towards reinforcing their criminal image as well as giving them the chance to work their way into that culture. It almost begs to be held on Pikes Peak. . .
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to