1st American Legionnaires

Units created using the FASA system
Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Re: 1st American Legionnaires

Postby Carthaginian » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am

Thom wroteColonI have actually been kicking around the idea of having Unionist forces controlling the Philippines and maybe Guantanamo Cuba. Building and training for the day when. . . .

While I was working on the Cuba book, I had the Unionists working out of the Virgin Islands.
Guantanamo I gave to the Spanish Royalists... 8-)
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 am

VI is a natural Unionist stronghold, good call and I completely missed it. But. . . Cuban Spanish Royalists? That's like Manhattanites wanting to be Dutch! Absolute Blaspheme! Shame on you! :D (Way too cool and completely from left field, well done sir!)
Flying the Crimson Skies

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:29 am

Well, it belongs to the US... and Alfonso XIII mades a deal with the US for asylum.
shameless plug to motivate me to finish
When the US collapses, the remaining Royalists rally to their king- who is hiding out in the US held town of Guantanamo- and settle in several surrounding villages. Several thousand determined souls rapidly flee to the side of their monarch, and a small 'State within a State' forms... the Principality of Guantanamo. The worse the War in Spain goes for the Republicans, the more who flee to the Principality. By war's end, over 25,000 have crammed themselves into the small freehold- including several squadrons of Polikarpov I-16 fighters (I think I gave them 3 squadrons of effectives and some spares.) and 5,000 ill-equipped soldiers.

With the major world-wide collapse of the mid-30's, the war ends a bit faster than historical- largely due to the collapse of the Soviet Union and their inability to continue to support the Republicans. Against the Kaiser's wishes, RK Hitler sends an 'expeditionary force' to chase down the fleeing Republican forces... two squadrons of B+V 143's (my personal design) on a German military zep, followed by a ship containing the original 600 Fallschirmtruppe cadre and one battalion of Wehrmacht regulars in disguise. With little support from home, their orders are to manage a landing in the Principality and kill the deposed King... with any further action being entirely optional, and indeed, possibly unnecessary.

Isolated and with little immediate support, the Royalists and Republican deserters prepare for their last stand; and trapped in the midst of it all, a lone Confederate Captain- fallen from grace and living on short rations- desperately tries to fend off the assault... and regain some measure of his lost honor.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:40 am

Sweet!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks!
I had every intention of finishing it on several occasions, but work tended to get in the way.
My new job is only 3 days a week... so hopefully my hobbies will not need to suffer as much.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Thing is Unionists in Crimson Skies are sorta supposed to be like the bogy man I think :lol:

Or, moreso: Like the unknown "Many and widespread" Communists and Anarchists in the US in the 1920's and 30's. There was some, yes, but the fear and "whispers on the lips" were more common than actual anarchists.

Return to