Zeppelins & Bombers - New/Old Info

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Re: Zeppelins & Bombers - New/Old Info

Postby Jerba » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Woot! Glad to hear things are moving along and that you are getting settled. Can't wait to see the finished product, here is hoping there is something to throw Deseret a bone (unlikely, but here is one vote). ;)

Let's hear it for Patrick's hard work on this, folks!

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks for the update, Patrick. I'm wondering what kind of bombers the ISA and Columbia have. I picture the ISA as this roaring behemoth with massive German engines and Columbia's bomber studded with turrets and armor.

I have to say, I always did wonder what was up with the Tigershark. It seemed like the Coyote, where the description and the art were oddly out of sync.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

csadn
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Sitting down, facing front.

Postby csadn » Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 am

Patrick wroteColonI've also been MS Painting up a bunch of the bomber designs. I'll Photoshop them to improve their overall look, but MS Paint allows me to quickly mock up their overall look. Unfortunately I didn't design all of them visually, only the Gunslinger (Hollywood) and Longhorn (Texas) because a few of my Pride designs were completely changed so I didn't want to see that happen again. Luckily the Mockingbird stayed the same, as did the MS382, but I think ALL the others were changed. The Tigershark, for example, was originally a twin engine pusher, like an oversized Mockingbird or Bloodhawk. Oh well.

Well, you see, now you can change them *back*.... :)
CF

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 pm

That's true, although I think I got lucky on how the designs in Pride turned out compared to some of the designs in other books.

I have a few fighter designs I'll most likely include in Zeps & Bombers as well, since I have them laying around anyway. Hey bonus content! :)

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 340
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Patrick wroteColonI have a few fighter designs I'll most likely include in Zeps & Bombers as well, since I have them laying around anyway. Hey bonus content! :)

The ones that were on your Flamberge website?
Malphas, over and out

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Tue May 01, 2012 3:30 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny that. :)

Actually most are just ones that came about during my CS playing days, particularly with my Rainer Raptors unit that flew out of Pacifica.

I still have my old website. I should upload it to my current website since all the work has already been done. Heh!

:)

Thom
PostsCOLON 1003
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 am

Patrick wroteColon

I can neither confirm nor deny that. :)

<Snip!>

I still have my old website. I should upload it to my current website since all the work has already been done. Heh!

:)

http://flamberge.iwarp.com/ (All information contained herein is copyrighted/intellectual property of Patrick Koepke ect) Shows Index 2 (Inactive page with dead links) which say's, "This site has been moved to www.flambergestudios.com. which is a dead link.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

http://flamberge.iwarp.com/ (All information contained herein is copyrighted/intellectual property of Patrick Koepke ect) Shows Index 2 (Inactive page with dead links) which say's, "This site has been moved to www.flambergestudios.com. which is a dead link.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Wow you guys are thorough. Yeah, the iwarp page I guess doesn't ever get taken down. I haven't logged in or made changes there in years. I moved everything to flambergestudios.com while I was in college. That was my "hire me I'm a 3D modeler" site. When I was trying to focus on 3d and not writing, I took down everything else that was up at iwarp. I still have the fs.com files too (as y'all can guess, I'm a bit of a packrat.)

After I graduated and it became clear a 3d job wasn't in my future, I eventually stopped paying for fs.com and picked up my current domain.

One thing I haven't found yet is one of the CS primers from Microsoft that I would like to cross reference when I check my manuscript. I found one of them, but I had two.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 pm

1st update: I spent about 6 hours working on the z&b book yesterday. I created images for the layouts and created a master file and imported the first 24 pages. I still have a few more to do before I'm on to the bombers portion of the book.

The rules are starting to make sense to me again, which is a good thing. I can't remember how I did zones but I ran out of time yesterday and couldn't read the documentation I have.

I can say this: Any type of squadron you want to play will be at you fingertips. Just be ready to train pilots, buy ordinance, fly patrols, and defeat your opponents. :)

For those slated to help me, I will be emailing you hopefully Monday night with the battle plan. My goal is to have this project finished before my fantasy novel is back from the editors.

Tally ho,
Patrick

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Sat May 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Sweet! Every detail only whets my appetite more. I'm especially looking forwards to the squadron rules - as an RPG GM, that should be very interesting and helpful.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Return to