Zeppelins & Bombers - New/Old Info

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
maeglynn
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 am
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Zeppelins & Bombers - New/Old Info

Postby maeglynn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:51 am

wow, I can't believe it, we are actually going to see the famed Zeppelin & Bombers. I ca't wait to see it.

thanks Patrick, I would offer my help, but I am better at playing the game, than, be creative. thanks again for sharing your work and all the work you are doing.

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Wow, Patrick, this is awesome! Zeppelins & Bombers is practically the Holy Grail of Crimson Skies. It's really exciting to know that we might see it after all this time. Unfortunately, I don't have anything in the way of image skills or such, but I'd still like to offer any support you think I can.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:01 am

WOW!!! YEEEHAWW! Awesome.

I'd love to help....but...uh....My graphics, formatting, online and computer skills (or lack thereof) made my computer start building an army a'la Skynet style so I would quit attempting them on it.

You don't know what this means to the Crimson Skies community. If you'd like, I could make you honorary website god? We all be required to send firstborn to you.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Patrick » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 pm

You guys crack me up. :D

The files will need some TLC, but the good news is the "final draft" includes the formatting, and I have the CS fonts they use in the books, so that will help.

Regarding the campaign portion - it is in rougher shape than the zeps and bombers portions. Not sure if maybe it was slated for the third book or not. Trying to remember what went where is like looking at college homework you did 10+ years ago and trying to make sense of it. This goes for the rules as well.

I will need to organize the manuscript and fill in page numbers, images, etc. I will try to make it as faithful to the table of contents as possible, since I'm pretty sure I have that as well. That will show me what should be on which specific page, etc.

I consider myself a member of the CS community as well, and would like to see this project finally finished after all these years. I move in less than two weeks, then need to unpack and fix a bunch of stuff with the house, then I'll try to assess how big this project will be.

Patrick

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 am

Most excellent, good luck with the move sir and we look forward to your continued participation with our group!
Flying the Crimson Skies

UnluckyNumber
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am
LocationCOLON Mormon militia pilot trapped in Illinois.

Postby UnluckyNumber » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Whoa. Very cool. I go away for a little while, and all the exciting stuff happens while I'm gone. :lol:
"My footsteps have often been marked with blood." Daniel Boone, 1734-1820.

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 340
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 pm

My God I can't believe it! Z&B!

This is like capturing a Bigfoot! This is such a legendary book in the CS community (legendary for the 20 of us on this forum ;) )

Man you are getting me motivated to start working on my Québec sourcebook again....
Malphas, over and out

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Cyagen wroteColon
Man you are getting me motivated to start working on my Québec sourcebook again....

DO IT.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:34 pm

UPDATE: I am somewhat moved in to my new place and have begun unpacking my CS stuff. I've found all my books, miniatures, and handwritten notes to coincide with the Z&B manuscript. I have handed off my fantasy novel manuscript to my editor so I'm ready to start looking through my files and getting back up to speed on Z&B. This Mockingbird has been in a long term storage hanger for over a decade so it might take some time idling before I'm ready to taxi to EOR (End of Runway) and get this project underway, metaphorically.

For now I'll just be rereading my Z&B manuscripts (zeppelins, bombers, campaign rules), and building the diagrams and tables.

I've also been MS Painting up a bunch of the bomber designs. I'll Photoshop them to improve their overall look, but MS Paint allows me to quickly mock up their overall look. Unfortunately I didn't design all of them visually, only the Gunslinger (Hollywood) and Longhorn (Texas) because a few of my Pride designs were completely changed so I didn't want to see that happen again. Luckily the Mockingbird stayed the same, as did the MS382, but I think ALL the others were changed. The Tigershark, for example, was originally a twin engine pusher, like an oversized Mockingbird or Bloodhawk. Oh well.

I'll keep y'all updated. :)
Patrick

Khy
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am

Postby Khy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see it! :D

Return to