Aeronaut - an Aircraft Designer for CS

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Aeronaut - an Aircraft Designer for CS

Postby Thom » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:04 am

A very nice program! I am glad there is a way to add nations and manufactures, but sadly I am XML impaired. Perhaps it could be made easier in a future update, but I am not complaining, what you have done is wonderful!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:12 am

Anyway. 1024X768 is as big as I can go. I can at least create aircraft using the lower logbook :) So t'is okay I guess. If it could be scaled it would be good. But no worries, if it works for most people it's best.

I got 2 questions.

#1. Why so many laptops in use? Just out of curiosity.

#2. What's the benefits of such a high screen resolution? I usually sit on 800X600, and pop it up to 1024X768..... Unless it's a high-graphic/res game, I don't see the point.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 am

Grant wroteColon #1. Why so many laptops in use? Just out of curiosity.

Get married and find out. ;)

Mine was originally purchased as a 'companion' for my Guard duties. It is small and light with a good battery life and I can fit it in a standard waterproof/shockproof military container (the size used for an M249's night vision works well). Thus, the computer and a spare battery would allow my MP team a nice way to stay entertained in the field during summer camp. When the Guard medicaled me out, it became a way to end the disputes about computer time between me and my wife. :D
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007

Postby Thom » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:40 am

Grant wroteColon What's the benefits of such a high screen resolution? I usually sit on 800X600, and pop it up to 1024X768..... Unless it's a high-graphic/res game, I don't see the point.

Online gaming in Full HD, 1920 x 1080, is an experience that just cannot be described, it must be experienced. Once you do experience online gaming in Full HD. . . You will never go back!

I built my current system specifically to take advantage of it as I play City of Heros/Villians. Running a hotrod AMD Phenom Quad w/4 GB RAM over a Sweet ATI 512mb video card (Soon to be Crossfire'd!) on a highspeed DSL connection and my video is NEARLY flawless at full resolution. (Nearly is why I plan to Crossfire the card by adding a second identical card. I hate even occasional glitches and twitches in my gaming video, I want COMPLETELY flawless gaming video!). All of this is running on a sweet 24" HD LCD monitor. Video can be breathtaking to watch on this machine!

Yes I am bragging, but really my tech is already half a generation old! *Gasp!Need more speed!*
Flying the Crimson Skies

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:34 am

Thom...

Might need some advice on a $1250 range rig I plan to start on in a couple of months.
I have a limited budget, so I have to squeeze out every drop of performance. Any advice that someone who's really up on parts that will have a long shelf life would be awesome.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:59 am

OFFICIAL BUG NOTIFICATION #1

'Linked Ammo Bins' special Characteristic apparently has no effect on overall cost of aircraft.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007

Postby Thom » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:28 am

Carthaginian, I built my rig for under $700 (I think $645 was my final price) reusing only the Case, HDD, Thumb Ball Mouse and Keyboard from my earlier built. It helped that I already had a Western Digital Video HDD, (Actually made for a second generation TIVO) though it is smallish, only 150 gb. Installed dual SATA DVD burners, though if I was to do it over I would make one of them Blu-ray. At some point I want to add a 1+ TB Video HDD along with the second video card. I also want to add a Dashboard with front home theater audio controls, USB ports, SATA, Firewire ports & Memory Card Slots. Those upgrades will still be under $250.
Flying the Crimson Skies

FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Carthaginian wroteColon'Linked Ammo Bins' special Characteristic apparently has no effect on overall cost of aircraft.

are your sure? i programmed it that the weapon costs are directly adjusted. if you select/deselect the linked ammo radio button it works fine.
The weapon cost is changed.
So if you add the "linked-ammo-bins" special characteristics there is no cost adjustments, only if you choose the the weapons (via radiobuttons) the costs change.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223

Postby Carthaginian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:41 pm

OK... so not a program problem, but an end-user problem. ;)
My apologies. :oops: Mea Maxima Culpa.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 am

Lol.

Thing is none of my games would be any advantage at playing that definition...

My newest one was created in '03 and I haven't seen anything newer that I want to buy :lol: Plus I have enough trouble playing old games with my dialup....a big HD game......I can't even think of it :roll:

Oh well.....I might end up having to get an older 98 era rig to play my older games, then something new for....well...I don't know why. EVERYTHING I do is older.

Anyway.

Built a buncha planes with the lower book's (Load design) button and haven't noticed any bugs as of yet.

Return to