[Z&B Rule Questions] QD Order, Damage to Bombers etc.

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

[Z&B Rule Questions] QD Order, Damage to Bombers etc.

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:02 pm

This is a repost from Z&B now available, since no one has answerd yet. :(

1. Bombers shoot allways after fighters.
But is there a QD order if both sides have bombers on the field?

For me the most reasonable rule is:
1-All Fighter fire in QD order
2-All Bombers fire in QD order
3-All Zeps fire in QD order

2. If I target a specific location on a bomber or cargo how is the damage distributed?
Do I use the Ammo templates or count boxes?

3. On page 62 the random hit locations have no base target modifiers like fighters.
Is this correct?

4. Are there any sizes (wingspan, length, height) available for bombers in Z&B?

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Re: [Z&B Rule Questions] QD Order, Damage to Bombers etc.

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 am

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColonThis is a repost from Z&B now available, since no one has answerd yet. :(

I'll see what I can do...

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon1. Bombers shoot allways after fighters.
But is there a QD order if both sides have bombers on the field?

For me the most reasonable rule is:
1-All Fighter fire in QD order
2-All Bombers fire in QD order
3-All Zeps fire in QD order
[/quote]

This is correct. Just like with fighters, Quick Draw always carries the day.

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon2. If I target a specific location on a bomber or cargo how is the damage distributed?

The ammo templates should work. The damage diagrams were designed so the templates would work the way they do for fighters. When I built the PDFs for the sourcebook download, the boxes may have been resized to no longer be compatible with the template, but the damage profile of a certain ammo or rocket would stay the same. (example: AP would still have X boxes wide and X boxes deep, DD would be X boxes deep by X boxes wide at the top of the damage, MG would still burn in, etc.

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon3. On page 62 the random hit locations have no base target modifiers like fighters.
Is this correct?

The BTN for each location is in the component table, so you can choose to just target an engine or side turret (and the armor that is in front of it) if desired. Targeting an engine has a BTN of 5, side turrets are 8, etc. (Also on page 62.) Otherwise, the 1(-X) is in effect. Not sure if I answered the question though...

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon4. Are there any sizes (wingspan, length, height) available for bombers in Z&B?

In flavor text there might be, but I wanted to keep it vague. I can say that the Longhorn was heavily based on the B-24 Liberator (long straight wings and boxy fuselage), so I'd say they are a pretty close match.

Hope this helps. I'm not here as often as I'd like, so I apologize if I don't answer questions or respond to posts right away.

Tallio!

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 am

One more thing: The bomber images (top isometric view) are all to scale with each other, as are the zeppelins with each other.

Same with the parasite fighters.

FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 am

Patrick wroteColon
FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon2. If I target a specific location on a bomber or cargo how is the damage distributed?

The ammo templates should work. The damage diagrams were designed so the templates would work the way they do for fighters. When I built the PDFs for the sourcebook download, the boxes may have been resized to no longer be compatible with the template, but the damage profile of a certain ammo or rocket would stay the same. (example: AP would still have X boxes wide and X boxes deep, DD would be X boxes deep by X boxes wide at the top of the damage, MG would still burn in, etc.

This was not meant about the box size ;) I just don't know what to do if I target and hit a specific location.
I know that the planes btn is modified with the components btn. But if I hit it whats next?
Lets say I targeted the dorsal turret and hit it with a AP 70.
Is the Damage dealt only to the turret boxes in this case and the armor is ignored?
Or have I still to roll a D10 and deal the damage to the rolled column?

Patrick wroteColon
FF5 MadMaxX wroteColon3. On page 62 the random hit locations have no base target modifiers like fighters.
Is this correct?

The BTN for each location is in the component table, so you can choose to just target an engine or side turret (and the armor that is in front of it) if desired. Targeting an engine has a BTN of 5, side turrets are 8, etc. (Also on page 62.) Otherwise, the 1(-X) is in effect. Not sure if I answered the question though...

The question was about the deflection modifiers (for fighter you get a +2 if you shoot from the front, from back +0, etc.... ).
Next time I should ask more accurate ;)
Do I also use the defelection modifiers on Bombers/cargos ?

And thanks for your time to answer the questions!

Return to