Sourcebook Idea: Crown & Country

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Sourcebook Idea: Crown & Country

Postby stormwell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Just an idea I've got kicking around at present, basically a CS sourcebook that focuses on the British RAF and its sister air forces (Australian, Canadian, etc).

The general purpose of the book would be mainly to present the RAF as it would exist in the CSverse and have all the British aircraft in one place (plus stats for the Balmoral). Thinking for each part of the RAF (ie the various Commands) and sister air forces a squadron of note would be included, probably fully stated up to boot.

Thoughts?

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 341
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: Sourcebook Idea: Crown & Country

Postby Cyagen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:52 pm

All the King's Men would also be a since title.

For Canada, first thing it does not exists anymore.

What is left of British North America is Ontario (the Switzerland of America) and Newfoundland (without Labrador). The rest of the country disintegrated.

I got one plane that I plan to put in my Quebec Source book, the Hawker Blizzard, a homage to the Hurricane.

This sounds like a huge project, maybe you should try something smaller like only the RAF for a start.

Just to tell you, I have been writing my sourcebook on and off for more than 10 years and it is only about Québec.
Malphas, over and out

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102

Postby stormwell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm aware Canada broke up, it was just easier for me to type Canada than its replacement. :P

The main focus is the RAF, thinking maybe a chapter each for the various sister forces.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 pm

That is a DAUNTING task.
You're basically going to write one book trying to cover 1/4 of the military aircraft on the planet at the time of CS! :shock:

I'd say go 'episodic' with the whole project:
Episode 1 - The Royal Air Force: " Undaunted by Odds"
Episode 2 - The Fleet Air Arm: "Down to the Sea"
Episode 3 - The Colonials: "Guardians of Empire"
Episode 4 - The Territorials: "A Well-Ordered Militia"

Episode 1 would cover only the actual R.A.F. and its ground facilities located on the Home Islands or Crown Colonies.
It would not involve any 'cousin services' in the Empire, nor any militia units.

Episode 2 would cover the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy, its ships, and its aircraft.
This would include any long-range flying boats owned by the Navy.

Episode 3 would cover the Air Forces of Ontario, Newfoundland, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, India and the largest of the various British Overseas Territories (Bahamas, Bermuda, Gibraltar and Falklands).

Episode 4, if necessary, could cover any specific militia units that you wished to create not under direct government control. These would include not only places under the dominion of the British Empire, but those 1.) in hotspots like Hawai'i and 2.) allied nations like the Confederacy and White Russia.
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 am

Huge project, but an outstanding idea, and definitely needed. Foxmalcolm and Grant have both done some Aussie bits that you might be able to draw some information from. And don't forget that Ireland, though technically independent from 1921, they were still (Kinda/sorta) a Dominion Protectorate until 1949 in our world, so they could/should also be considered for a 1933 era UK sourcebook.

I think you are onto something very cool, I hope it doesn't burn you out cause I wanna see it happen!

Good luck!
Flying the Crimson Skies

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102

Postby stormwell » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

Got a few ideas kicking about, one of them is having the RAF Regiment being formed a few years early to defend RAF airfields against pirate attacks, etc and to act as gunners and security on RAF zeps.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 am

Good luck, I look forward to the fruit of your efforts!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 am

I might be interested in participating in the project. Mainly (if agreeable) a Reknown Class fast battle zeppelin in the South pacific, a Pro-Royal Royal Australian Air unit in the civil war.

Either way I would be interested in helping and seeing where this goes :D

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102

Postby stormwell » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Grant wroteColonI might be interested in participating in the project. Mainly (if agreeable) a Reknown Class fast battle zeppelin in the South pacific, a Pro-Royal Royal Australian Air unit in the civil war.

Either way I would be interested in helping and seeing where this goes :D

Sure, didn't you also do some stats for the Bristol Balmoral?

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes. I made some up

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=50

As did several others of the forum :D

Return to