Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Postby Grant » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 am

Uh....just one thing (sorry :mrgreen: ) that could maybe be changed if you do a 1.1 version:

The Stonewall class, the 2nd zeppelin made was the Bull Run?.....I think that the builders of the zeppelin called it Manassas. I was once severely dressed down for that. Only "Yankees" called it Bull Run. Then again, the "southerner" while being really a Virginian, was a dressed up re-enactor, so maybe not all southerners are that persnickity :D

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Grant wroteColonUh....just one thing (sorry :mrgreen: ) that could maybe be changed if you do a 1.1 version:

The Stonewall class, the 2nd zeppelin made was the Bull Run?.....I think that the builders of the zeppelin called it Manassas. I was once severely dressed down for that. Only "Yankees" called it Bull Run. Then again, the "southerner" while being really a Virginian, was a dressed up re-enactor, so maybe not all southerners are that persnickity :D

Hmm... Let me look into this. I will definitely change it if need be.

Thanks for the head's up.

Patrick

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:09 pm

I can also confirm, Bull Run is Manassas in the south. The Confederates would never call their ship the Bull Run. I was actually in Manassas this weekend and heard all about it.

Carthaginian
PostsCOLON 223
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm
LocationCOLON Daphne, Alabama, Confederation of Dixie

Postby Carthaginian » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 am

Wow... a long time since I visited.
Thank you Mr.Patrick Koepke for making this happen... and thank you Grant for keeping the site up and running!
Southrons, hear your country call you!
Up lest worse than death befall you!
To arms, to arms, to arms in Dixie.

All my planes are made with parts from: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html.

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Carthaginian wroteColonWow... a long time since I visited.
Thank you Mr.Patrick Koepke for making this happen... and thank you Grant for keeping the site up and running!

Welcome back! Don't be a stranger.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Carthaginian wroteColonWow... a long time since I visited.

Glad to do it! I'm busy with my next project but when I get some time I'll try to work on version 1.1 (fixing the errors).

Neo-Tanuki
PostsCOLON 68
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Postby Neo-Tanuki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello!
After many, many months away from the site, I stumbled across the news about the "Zeppelins & Bombers" supplement a few days ago. I downloaded and skimmed through it yesterday-terrific stuff! And it has revived my interest in tabletop Crimson Skies!

I love the squadron and campaign rules, but must admit the first thing I checked out was the parasite fighters. I really like the designs and backstory for each, especially the Blackflag Nightingale (I love Blackflag Corporation!) and the Pursuit F-37 police demo plane, which has the oddest description ever!

However, I do have a couple of questions:

1) I didn't find any record sheets for the Parasite Fighters in the PDF. Is that correct?

2) I tried putting record sheets together in Aeronaut for the Parasite Fighters, and came across two possible typos. According to Aeronaut, the Blackflag Nightingale should be able to have a max Gs of 5 instead of 1. Is Speed 3, Max Gs 5, Accel 2 the correct stats for the Nightingale?

3) With the Bloodhawk E, Aeronaut will only allow me to add 3 Special Characteristics at TN 9...but in the PDF the plane has 4. Should it be one TN lower at 8 so it can take 4 special characteristics?

4) Also, does the Bloodhawk E have hardpoints? The description says no, but it can be built in Aeronaut with two hardpoints within its weight limitations.

Any info would be much appreciated. I really like these Parasite Fighters and want to try them out, but thought I'd see if I can get those questions cleared up first. Thanks!

FF5 MadMaxX
PostsCOLON 78
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm
LocationCOLON Germany
CONTACTCOLON

Postby FF5 MadMaxX » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Welcome back!

Maybe I can answer to Aeronaut related questions:

Neo-Tanuki wroteColon2) I tried putting record sheets together in Aeronaut for the Parasite Fighters, and came across two possible typos. According to Aeronaut, the Blackflag Nightingale should be able to have a max Gs of 5 instead of 1. Is Speed 3, Max Gs 5, Accel 2 the correct stats for the Nightingale?

It can be that the values in Aeronaut are incorrect. I didn't crosscheck every plane yet.

Neo-Tanuki wroteColon3) With the Bloodhawk E, Aeronaut will only allow me to add 3 Special Characteristics at TN 9...but in the PDF the plane has 4. Should it be one TN lower at 8 so it can take 4 special characteristics?

4) Also, does the Bloodhawk E have hardpoints? The description says no, but it can be built in Aeronaut with two hardpoints within its weight limitations.

3, You can also disable the max. special characteristics in the option.
4, the parasite fighters are not completely finished. I just added the characteristic but not any additional hardcoded stuff.
As far as i remember the rule for parasite fighter says: no rockethardpoint allowed ?!
This needs to be hardcoded.

Neo-Tanuki
PostsCOLON 68
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Postby Neo-Tanuki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 am

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColonWelcome back!

It can be that the values in Aeronaut are incorrect. I didn't crosscheck every plane yet.

Hmm, I didn't think of that...though all the other parasite fighters did work out to match the chart in the book when I tried building them. So I hope that the Nightingale is just a typo and should have Max G 5. I hope. :D

3) With the Bloodhawk E, Aeronaut will only allow me to add 3 Special Characteristics at TN 9...but in the PDF the plane has 4. Should it be one TN lower at 8 so it can take 4 special characteristics?

3, You can also disable the max. special characteristics in the option.
4, the parasite fighters are not completely finished. I just added the characteristic but not any additional hardcoded stuff.
As far as i remember the rule for parasite fighter says: no rockethardpoint allowed ?!

Thanks for the info about disabling the max. special characteristics. I was looking through the parasite fighters section trying to figure out whether hardpoints must be completely removed or not...it mentions it in the fluff descriptions, but doesn't explicitly state it in the rules. No hardpoints is more plausible, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can have hardpoints just because I like rockets. :D

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 am

FF5 MadMaxX wroteColonWelcome back!

Actually only the Bloodhawk E has no hardpoints (since it sits on top of the Gunslinger. The rule for parasites is as follows: "The aircraft with the special characteristic Parasite Fighter must be BTN 7-10, and cannot add any more hard points than it naturally has." So it just can't spend weight to add more.

Sorry I've been gone for a bit, but I still pop in here from time to time.

Return to