Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
Cyagen
PostsCOLON 340
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Postby Cyagen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Had a quick look, WOW!!!!

Will have to make some minor changes to fit the information in it.

But now I got rules to make Zeps!

And a new enemy plane to deal with....
Malphas, over and out

Khy
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby Khy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

And now for the questions;

After reading bit of Z&B, I did have a question concerning Zeppelins as Aerodromes and choosing the Alert Birds squadron quality; how does Alert Birds interact with zeps, given the minimum aircraft launch rate from a zep is every other turn?

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Khy wroteColonAnd now for the questions;

After reading bit of Z&B, I did have a question concerning Zeppelins as Aerodromes and choosing the Alert Birds squadron quality; how does Alert Birds interact with zeps, given the minimum aircraft launch rate from a zep is every other turn?

Alert birds supercedes zeppelin as an aerodrome, so even if you have a zep you can still launch the alert birds.

Khy
PostsCOLON 42

Postby Khy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks, Patrick! :D

feggula
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Postby feggula » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for Zeppelins and Bombers, about time we got some decent zep-on-zep action! :D

I too have a couple of questions concerning zeppelins if you don't mind.

Gondolas (page 156)
What is the point of a full length gondola? Is it the same as two gondolas? If so, why does it cost an additional 5 CP, does it confer additional advantages?

Choose a hanger (page 157)
It states here that a double hanger costs 15% of the zeppelins CP. Yet, on page 159 on Assign Zeppelin Special Characteristics it states that a dual hanger costs +20 CP.

What is the difference between the Variable Mounted Engines and Improved Combat Manoeuvering special characteristics? The table on page 159 states that both cost 5 CP, yet on page 160 it starts to say that Variable mounted engines cost 3 CP per engine pod. Both are incompatible with each other and both do the same thing, increase speed by 1. It does say that Variable mounted engines cannot be used on small zeppelins or blimps where speed is already at its best, but this is not true for Improved Combat Manoeuvering, yet I suspect that it has no effect on these zeppelins either. So in effect, they are the same thing yet given a different name?

Thanks a lot!

feggula
PostsCOLON 32

Postby feggula » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh, one more question -

How many gondolas can a zeppelin mount?

Sorry for the questions!

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

feggula wroteColonGondolas (page 156)
What is the point of a full length gondola? Is it the same as two gondolas? If so, why does it cost an additional 5 CP, does it confer additional advantages?

Choose a hanger (page 157)
It states here that a double hanger costs 15% of the zeppelins CP. Yet, on page 159 on Assign Zeppelin Special Characteristics it states that a dual hanger costs +20 CP.

What is the difference between the Variable Mounted Engines and Improved Combat Manoeuvering special characteristics? The table on page 159 states that both cost 5 CP, yet on page 160 it starts to say that Variable mounted engines cost 3 CP per engine pod. Both are incompatible with each other and both do the same thing, increase speed by 1. It does say that Variable mounted engines cannot be used on small zeppelins or blimps where speed is already at its best, but this is not true for Improved Combat Manoeuvering, yet I suspect that it has no effect on these zeppelins either. So in effect, they are the same thing yet given a different name?

Thanks a lot!

I'll do my best. I don't have access to the manuscript today.

Full length gondola has no in-game benefit over a standard gondola. It is just included for role playing purposes and detail.

The dual hanger should cost 20 cp not 15%. The percentages were a hold over from the first draft of the rules. I thought I had weeded them all out. Sounds like I will need to release a version 1.1.

VME and ICM both exist to provide different ways to improve performance. The intent here was to provide variety for different zep makers. Both should cost 5 cp not 3 per engine.

And you are right, it is impossible for any zep to exceed 1 per 2 turns.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195

Postby Patrick » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:49 am

feggula wroteColonOh, one more question -

How many gondolas can a zeppelin mount?

Sorry for the questions!

As many as you like! :) As long as you have the cp that is.

Khy
PostsCOLON 42

Postby Khy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:23 am

One last question concerning Z&B; I noticed there was no zep hook on cargo planes nor any info on how zeps and large craft interact. I'm assuming that this means that cargo planes cannot dock with zeppelins for mobile transfer. Can the old generic cargo planes still dock?

feggula
PostsCOLON 32

Postby feggula » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks for the answers Patrick, appreciated!

Return to