Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Re: Zeppelins & Bombers - Now Available

Postby Jerba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Fox's reasoning makes sense to me because those rolls are determined by 2D10 rather than 1D20 and thus leads to certain combinations being rolled more often, right? If it was 1D20 the existing table seems to make more sense. In my mind I am picturing the rolling scheme of Settlers of Catan where 2D6 are rolled, the numbers 7, 6, 8 are the most commonly rolled because they have the most combinations of numbers that equal them. 2D10s would act the same way with 8-12 wouldn't it?

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

To tie it into the game more I would add/subtract a modifier based on the five priorities
A = +3
B = +2
C = nil
D = -1
E = -2
This way you would help to influence their professions

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

I've only had time to skim Z&B so far, but it looks amazing so far, Patrick. As a longtime fan and a GM, all I can say is thank you.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 340
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Postby Cyagen » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Man Patrick, you put the bar quite high....got some pressure right now, 1- to finish (not easy when communting 2 hours a day and working 50 a week) 2- To have something of quality to propose....

:?
Malphas, over and out

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Cy- keep in mind he had a lot of this already written. We are really pleased with what you have done so far! More is better around here, there is no need for a comparison. :)

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Jerba wroteColonCy- keep in mind he had a lot of this already written. We are really pleased with what you have done so far! More is better around here, there is no need for a comparison. :)

Jerba is right. Most of my time spent building record sheets and layouts. I am looking forward to your sourcebook. Quebec will remain a mostly unknown nation to me until your book is out.

Patrick
PostsCOLON 195
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Postby Patrick » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Jerba wroteColonFox's reasoning makes sense to me because those rolls are determined by 2D10 rather than 1D20 and thus leads to certain combinations being rolled more often, right? If it was 1D20 the existing table seems to make more sense. In my mind I am picturing the rolling scheme of Settlers of Catan where 2D6 are rolled, the numbers 7, 6, 8 are the most commonly rolled because they have the most combinations of numbers that equal them. 2D10s would act the same way with 8-12 wouldn't it?

My advice is to use what makes sense and change/discard what doesn't. The scale is set up the way it is on purpose with an eye toward higher is better. When you play through a campaign the need for cash on hand becomes apperant.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

I've started the final draft of my fantasy novel so I won't be around quite as much, but will try to check back once or twice a day if I can.

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby Grant » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Well Y'all already know judging by the downloads :mrgreen: But it's all set up at montanaraiders.com/zeppelinsandbombers.html

Now go far and spread the word of enlightenment across the universe! (in other words, go and sqwuak your heads off about it to people).

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 am

Just got it downloaded and I love what I am seeing so far! Woooot!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Khy
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am

Postby Khy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Really nice work, Patrick! As Phoenix predicted, I am particularly enamored of the Sealth class zepp. ^^

Return to