[Rules Q] Nitro Injectors

Covering the FASA version of Crimson Skies.
[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 86
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

[Rules Q] Nitro Injectors

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:03 am

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of correcting the record sheet pdfs I've been uploading to BGG a few years ago and I noticed an inconsistency I'd like your input on:

In BtCV the Nitro Injectors weigh 25 lbs. and contain 5 boosts per tank. The Groundhog is listed as having "Nitro Injectors (1)" at 25 lbs.
The Black Bat from the Aircraft Manual lists "Nitro Injector (5 charges)" at 25 lbs.
The Nemesis also from the Aircraft Manual lists "Nitro Injector (4 charges)" at 20 lbs.
From this data I assume that a single charge weighs 5 lbs.

The Misericorde from Spicy Airtales lists "Nitro Injectors (2)" at 50 lbs.
But we also get a small rules section which states: "Each charge provides one boost and weighs 25 pounds."

This is the point where the rules become inconsistent for me; although I usually grant BtCV higher priority, I thought I'd ask my fellow pilots.

The Misericorde has 50 lbs. allocated to Nitro Injectors. When using the rule from Spicy Airtales it only has two charges/boosts available at high weight. If using the rules from BtCV it would actually have 10 charges/boosts available.

Did you notice this before? What are your thoughts on this? Hoping for solid feedback :)
Many happy landings!

Cyagen
PostsCOLON 340
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm
LocationCOLON République of Québec

Re: [Rules Q] Nitro Injectors

Postby Cyagen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 am

Good catch Bandit.

My understanding was that Nitro Injectors were 25lbs with 5 charges, until the aircraft manual came out and basically made it 5lbs a charge.

So the Misericore has 2 nitro injectors sets. (so 10 charges).
Malphas, over and out

Thom
PostsCOLON 1004
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:51 am

I had never noticed this issue before, but I see no reason why 5lbs per charge couldn't be standard. Perhaps they should be made in 2 (10lbs) 4 (20lbs) and 5 (25lbs) charge units, with different nations preferring one standard over another.
Flying the Crimson Skies

[GSS]Bandit
PostsCOLON 86
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON German Kaiserreich

Postby [GSS]Bandit » Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks for the feedback guys :)
Based upon your sharing a similar view, I'll go with 5 lbs. a charge.
I added a 10 charges Nitro Injector at 50 lbs. in my Aeronaut config file to have it show up properly on the Misericorde's record sheet (although the little checkboxes are gone, as they only seem to work with the regular 5 charges Nitro Injector).
Same goes for the 4 charges NI...
Many happy landings!

Return to