WOOHOO it arrived

Anything to do with real-world. Aeronautics, cars, WHATEVER you want. Only Note: No politics...Mainly because I am a dictator and I don't wanna get into an argument and ban you.
foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

WOOHOO it arrived

Postby foxmalcolm » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 am

Hey guys, I am quite excited! my aircompresor finally arrived today.
It's a little 1/6 horse power, oil less engine mounted on a 3 liter tank [and unlike my last aircompressor, works straight out of the box!]
The only hitch is that it's fittings are set to what I assume are american standards, 1/8".

The problem with that is Australian standard is 1/4" and none of the major hardware/DIY/Tool provider stores near me stock parts in that size anymore.
I had to spend most of today running around from one store after another until I stumbled across an "Old Timey" type store that not only had the parts I needed, they also machine any part they can't find . . . nice!

So anyway, me and my aircompressor will be getting more acquainted over the next month or two as I re-learn how to use one, and as I experiment with what mediums I can use on my CS minis.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Grant
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 913
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: WOOHOO it arrived

Postby Grant » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Odd size. I think the smallest size around here I've seen is 1/4" as well.

1/8" is freaky small.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Re: WOOHOO it arrived

Postby foxmalcolm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Glad to know it's not just me then . . . anyway I have been playing around with my new toy, practising on model scraps.
Only have inks to play with at the moment hoping to get some fine grit pigments this pay to experiment with [not allowed to use enamels, missus won't let me]

Return to