What all do ya play?

Other gaming here. PC, board,etc. ANY type of gaming at all.
Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Re: What all do ya play?

Postby Jerba » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Sir Robin wroteColonI was playing Warhammer Online from time to time but I got caught up in its recent billing failure. Needless I am not going to play that game or anything else they ever make.

That situation is screwed up. A lot of people are in desperate straits because of that apparently.

Sir Robin
PostsCOLON 163
JoinedCOLON Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm
LocationCOLON Counciltucky

Postby Sir Robin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:23 am

Jerba wroteColonThat situation is screwed up. A lot of people are in desperate straits because of that apparently.

I was one of the lucky ones, was in the middle of moving to a new bank and Mythic only had billing data for the bank I was leaving. Never seen screw up run this deep before. I've seen bigger oops in scale but never one approaching this depth.
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot,
who nearly faced the fierce dragon of Angnor,
who almost stood up to the vicious chicken of Bristol,
and who personally wet himself at the Battle for Badon Hill.

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Postby Jerba » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah, I was reading that forum and, assuming even half of it is true, Mythic is going to lose customers on a massive scale. I'd say they deserve to. Out of curiosity how much did you end up being charged?

Sir Robin
PostsCOLON 163

Postby Sir Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Jerba wroteColonYeah, I was reading that forum and, assuming even half of it is true, Mythic is going to lose customers on a massive scale. I'd say they deserve to. Out of curiosity how much did you end up being charged?

Hehe, not like they had many left at this point anyway. :D

I was hit twenty times for 14.99 and 16 of those added overdrafts so it was almost $780. :x

Needless to say I'm never touching anything with the "Mythic" label on it ever again.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm

"Holy Financial Suckage Fatman!" (Me being the fatman!) "Thats a Diabolical Scheme to Super Suck Bank Accounts!"

(Yeah OK, it's a lame Fatman & Sir Robin joke. . .)

I play City of Heroes & City of Villains almost exclusively days. Been playing off and on since the game debuted in 2005 with just over three years active game time. With "Going Rogue" coming out in June it looks like I will be playing for another few years at least! Never had any problems with NCSoft!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Phoenix
PostsCOLON 164
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Postby Phoenix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm

I've been playing EVE Online for going on six months now. It's a fantastic game, with a really deep world, millions of options and an innovative character development system. My main complaint though, is that (especially in pvp) the game is ultra-competitive. You HAVE to use the best ships and gear, because if you don't, the other side, which is, will get you. It's not like CS, where a plucky pilot with a junky plane can triumph over a more advanced aircraft through smart tactics and ingenuity. Plus, it requires a lot of time investment (although the same could be said for any MMORPG). To be honest, with the school year coming up, I'm probably going to let my subscription expire and pick it up again next summer, when I (hopefully) have more time.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
"Is it heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive - put 'em back." -Jurassic Park
With me surprises are rarely unexpected. - Any Pink Panther movie

Sir Robin
PostsCOLON 163

Postby Sir Robin » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:46 pm

EVE is a beautiful game but it couldn't keep me interested. Right now I'm playing CoH again and prepurchased Going Rogue. Its graphical update helps a lot but the basic problems, for me, are still there. I'm also playing the Stainless Steel 6.3 mod of Medieval 2. I want to play the Third Age 2.1 mod but it keeps crashing and I can't figure out why. The games I'm waiting to play are The Old Republic and Shogun 2.

I am a bit disappointed though that Creative Assembly went back to Japan instead of finally exploring the Warring States period.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm

I have been doing the GR Beta. . . LOVE IT!
Flying the Crimson Skies

captnmartin
PostsCOLON 139
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON CYWG

Postby captnmartin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Il-2 1946 has been taking up my time recently.

foxmalcolm
PostsCOLON 640
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Melbourne, Australia
CONTACTCOLON

Postby foxmalcolm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Kinda annoyed at the moment, my current system doesn't have a game port so I can't use my old wingman pro joystick.
So I went and bought a new usb joystick, a Saitek ST90.
It is a fantastic joy stick except for two rather frustrating design faults,

1) it doesn't have a throttle control slide, instead it has up throttle and down throttle buttons [this means that you can't quickly change power/speed] also in IL2 [for instance] max power on the control is 1/4 power in the game [most annoying].

2) this one is the most frustrating and I can't emphasis enough how much this is irritating . . . IT DOESN'T HAVE A RUDDER ! ! AAARRRGGHH!!
What kind of inept designer doesn't incorporate a rudder control function into a joystick?!
That's like making a printer without a paper feed!

also, I just noticed that the joystick has a default rudder setting [that you can't change or access] that is permanently fixed at 10 degrees port

Return to